1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ed Schultz

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you listen to Ed Schultz?

Here is something I found on the net -
    MSNBC's Ed Schultz has a problem with democracy

By Cheri Jacobus - 01/18/10 01:12 PM ET
    MSNBC's Ed Schultz apparently doesn't believe in this whole "democracy" thing we've got going on here in the United States of America. You know — where citizens get to vote for their elected officials and the one with the most votes wins? (Please don't bore me with the "Gore won in 2000" whining. He didn't. In fact, it was his choice to go for a manual recount only in four cherry-picked Florida counties where he thought he might do best, rather than a statewide recount, because he knew Bush beat him in Florida.)
    On Friday on his radio show, Schultz said he would be willing to cheat in Tuesday's Massachusetts special election to fill the late Sen. Ted Kennedy's seat in order to keep the seat in the Democratic column. The race is in a dead heat, but Republican Scott Brown seems to be surging as Martha Coakley (D) stagnates. This, in the most liberal state in the union!
    Schultz: "I tell you what, if I lived in Massachusetts I'd try to vote 10 times. I don't know if they'd let me or not, but I'd try to. Yeah, that's right. I'd cheat to keep these *&%#@* out. I would. ’Cause that's exactly what they are."
    Can't you just imagine the outrage by Democrats and the media if such a statement had been made by Rush Limbaugh?
    Democrats are already keeping those so-called "*&%#@*" out of any and all healthcare talks, and seem to be flipping the proverbial bird to all Americans by refusing to let us all see and hear what's going on. Democratic congressional leaders and their left-wing mouthpieces such as Ed Schultz are placing their colleagues in the difficult position of having to swallow the anti-democratic maneuverings, or do the unthinkable and speak up, speak out and put democracy and country ahead of party loyalty

I was listening the day Ed was tallking about voting 10 times in Mass., so I did hear it myself.

Salty

ps my "upper case numbers is my censoring.
    If you must read the link:

about Ed Schultz

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ed is also on MSNBC at 6pm (eastern) / 3 pm (Pacific). I would like to check it out for myself. Anyone else interested? :1_grouphug:

3. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Our local talk radio station used to carry his show and I'd catch a bit of it on the drive home. I always thought he brought up points that would make me go "..hmm, hadn't thought of it that way before.." Thought it was an interesting balance to my normal Beck/Limbaugh/Ingraham intake.

Laura Ingraham..the favorite...[​IMG]

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Ed Schultz is a democratic Rush Limbaugh. Like I said before, I don't believe either of them.