1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Edifying others on the BB Board

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 28, 2015.

1. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the group I administer, we demand civility in all areas. There is no name calling or questioning salvation. A debate is based on Scripture and facts. There is no attacking the poster. Each forum has its own culture.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, he is right that we should not act like rabbits. That’s certainly an undignified, uncivilized thing to do. Hopping around like that eating …. Disgusting.

I think the question is, and always has been, the degree to which John's conclusions match reality (whether it is "acting like a rabbit," Scripture, or a myriad of things inbetween). One should not post on a debate forum unless he is willing to have his views questioned, defend his position, remain open to Scripture, and dialogue. John has demonstrated neither desire or ability to do any of those I just mentioned.

And this thread is much better now that we've moved away from the OP (until it's closed anyway). Have you seen the "I like Big Bibles" video?

#62 JonC, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
  3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan, You need to get your focus off of people and onto Christ.

It saddens me to see someone who has a burden for souls (which is rare nowadays) going on these forums and getting mad and acting exactly the opposite of Christ, when people attack him and disagree with him.

So someone lies about you, Big deal, they did it to Jesus too. But we don't see him flying off the handle telling people to go chase rabbits..

"let you speech be always with grace.."

"God resisteth the proud but giveth grace to the humble."

These two verses are the greatest needs I see in your life as well as many on this board.

I know I'm not a good example, but this is what will please God.