EE program; has anyone gone through it?

Discussion in 'Missions / Witnessing / eVangelism' started by Woodymdt, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Woodymdt

Woodymdt
    Expand Collapse

I'm going through our churches EE (Evangelism Explosion) class this spring. I was wondering if anyone has gone through this program in their church, and if so what they thought about it?

I'm looking forward to it as I've seen some changes in evangelizing in our members in the last year or so the program has been offered.

2. Christianbsw

Christianbsw
    Expand Collapse

I went through it quite some time ago. Our church used it for a couple of years and then altered it a bit. It helps to open up understanding for the membership about scripture and how to share personal testimonies.
    There are two questions that you will learn to ask that are key. The concern is that when different people have asked the same person this question over a long period of time, it demonstrates "canned religion." Despite this, DO THE COURSE. It can really help. The important aspect for me was to learn the scriptures and their real meaning. I no longer use 3:20 as an evangelistic message as it is taught in EE. However I do use most of the other tools I learned. You should go through the program as a recipient, first. It really is important to know what it feels like. There are usually teams of three; one teacher/leader and the other two are students/learners. Make certain that you have plenty of time to spend with your leader in practice and reflection. This is a vital part of the program. One aspect that is highly overlooked in many churches is that even some of our members are not "saved." Many people who have visited for years and sit amongst us do not know Christ. They just move in and out and people assume they are memebers and know Christ. One thing you will learn is James 2:19 "You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the deamons believe - and tremble!" Is this you? Is this the leader you have? Speak to the others in your group and hear their testimony. Hold them accountable in their lives. You are not just a team. You are supposed to be one with Christ!
    I pray that you do well in learning God's word. Remember that simply "throwing" scripture at non-believers does not win them to Christ, but the Holy Spirit working through you. EE is a tool that is used to equip you to know His word and discern it when sharing with the "lost."