1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Effeminacy

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Nov 16, 2013.

1. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is clearly condemned in 1Cor.6:9, was being defended as 'maybe God made them that way'.

2. North Carolina Tentmaker

No there is not, as noted in my previous post the word translated effeminate in I Cor 6:9 occurs 4 times in scripture, but I Cor 6:9 is the only place where it is a noun. The Bible was not originally written in English and without looking at God's revelation you will miss or miss interperate a lot. You have to be willing to study at least a little bit.
    No it does not, no one is "dammed" the verse lists many sins and says they will not "inherit the kingdom of God." Reading the context, people who committed those sins are specifically present in the membership of the Church at Corinth. They got saved!
    No, not at all, just making sure we understand what they meant by that word. There is unanimous agreement with scholars, excepting those few with a homosexual agenda, that this verse is referring to homosexual men, specifically those on the receiving end of homosexual acts.
    Are you questioning my status as a believer? NO, God does not damn anything in I Cor 6:9, and the sin listed as effeminate is not being feminine in nature or appearce but participation in a male on male homosexual act.
    Yes, I agree with you here, regeneration can cure homosexuality, just as it can cure all other sins. The temptation may still be there, but he act can stop. Didn't God make all of us sinners?

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

Nothing is clearly condemned and no one here is excusing any sin, only acknowledging that God made each of us unique.

Actually if you look at the list of sins there are several really interesting things to notice. In the category of sexual sin you have a wide range; homosexual and heterosexual, married and single, and even those how abuse themselves. Under thieves you have the same range; thieves and extorters that steal from others, and covetous that desire the things others have.

To use prophet’s terminology, those “damned” include what we would consider great sinners as well as small. The homosexual transvestite prostitute is placed in the same category as someone who covets the blessings of another.

The clear lesson here in I Cor 6:9 is not one of condemnation but of redemption.

Anyone who tries to twist that into a condemnation of feminine qualities in men is twisting scripture for their own end.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So does your purse match your shoes?

5. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, everyone on the list is damned. Everyone is damned, prior to redemption. No one can say to God, "You made me a sinner". But this isn't the discussion, and it shouldn't have to be. No one was made to practice any of these sins listed. What merit is there in defending one trait from the list?

6. North Carolina Tentmaker

Who is defending sin?

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do agree with you in a sense. The term effeminacy implies outside appearance. Since we are all sinful, flawed human beings, how that translates into inward character is questionable at best. Christ made it clear there is a difference. He called Pharisees whitewashed tombs, looking white and glistening on the outside, and rotting with maggots on the inside. (kind of the reverse of this discussion)

I have know male hair stylists that have that talk and walk that gives suspect to a same sex preference, that were married with kids and quite strong Christians. Also, who sets the male, macho standards? What are they? Deep voice, guns, etc. Some would think in their own warped way that being a dictator over his wife and kids is a sign of being a true man.

Before I was saved, I used to openly make fun of those with the walk, talk and characteristics. Sometimes it is correct, but not always. The notion of a stay at home Dad is the most ridiculous notion of the thread. The exact model for being a man of God is the pattern Jesus Christ showed on this earth. He showed compassion, turned the other cheek (not sure I could do that), was concerned about the poor, down trodden, and quite frankly, thought of others before Himself, something we fail to do.

I certainly do not condone males forcefully acting feminine, like wearing dresses, panty hose and the such, but this is quite different than someone who might have developed a talk or walk you think is not quite masculine enough.