1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Election eve in Oz.....Will Rogers quotes

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Pete, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Pete

Pete New Member

Oh goody....Election day here tomorrow :rolleyes:

I've been looking up Will Rogers quotes on the web tonight to get me in the mood [​IMG]

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Do you think the latest news concerning WMDs, or lack of, has hurt Howard?

3. Pete

Pete New Member

I hope so. I can't wait to see the last of him (and his master "Dubya" come to think of it). Trouble is that will put Latham in the job here, and Kerry there...UG! :eek:

A party gets in and messes things up until it's replaced by the other party which messes things up until it's replaced...ad infinitum :(

Flip a coin, whichever way it lands we lose :(

Oh well, at least looking these quotes up has worked. My cynicism has reached election day level [​IMG] And it's only two and a half hours into the day so far, wow, wait until the booths open :D

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

What did you think of the Senate voting paper, if I had laid it down on the street, I could have walked home from the polling booth hehehe,

I got a giggle from the mob called "The Fishing Party" who the glory are they.....

Got a nice pot plant and bought some raffle tickets from the Scouts whose hall the polling booth was in......

I wonder if my favourite nincompoop Alex Downer is retained???

5. Pete

Pete New Member

ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like little johnny is back... :( :(

B-G, I had a quick look at the paper, but didn't pick it up, just got my name crossed off and walked out [​IMG] Yelled "None of them are worth it" on the way out the door :D Poor booth staff didn't quite know what to make of it :D

Downer...hmmmm...I'll follow the old saying "If you can't say something nice...etc" on that topic and just shut up now [​IMG]

6. Marymay

Marymay New Member

Pete, I can tell you what the people working in the polling booth thought, "There goes another one, he's not aware of how lucky he is to live in a country where he is able to have a say in the running of his country." Many people would (and have) given there lives for such 'freedom'.

As I see it, I voted so I have the right to critisise, praise or whatever, our politicians - people that don't vote do not.

Anyway Pete, I just felt the need to reply to this one (my first post). I've read and enjoyed many of your other posts - just not this one, sorry.

God bless you,

(I've got to go - John Howard is about to make his victory speech.)

[​IMG]

7. Pete

Pete New Member

G'day & welcome Marymay [​IMG]

I was about to type a couple of lines replying, but can't fire a broadside at someone's first post ;) Especially when they are Aussie [​IMG]

I guess we'ld just have to agree to disagree on this one [​IMG]

God bless you too [​IMG]

8. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hiya Marymay, and sorry Pete but I agree wid her on your reaction. You are quite right they are all liars and chicken thieves (the pollies I mean) in my humble opinion, but with all the weird things and people in this great country if we are not careful, they will be running the country and the wacky laid back lifestyle of the she-will-be-right folks will be gone because not ALL folks are liberal, democratic or ......

I love this country and I love the real Aussie but there are a lot of narrow minded bigoted traitors wanting to wreck this place.

9. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pete, I hate to bust in on an Oz thread (I feel like I'm eavesdropping), but I am so honored you are a reader of my favorite fellow Okie, whose picture is in my office.

"There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you."

G'day, and don't let the cats bite.

10. Pete

Pete New Member

B-G, "if we are not careful, they will be running the country", I think they already are mate.

I have never voted ALP, will never vote ALP, however this time I was almost hoping they would get in just to get rid of little johnny...Imagine, a cab driver wanting Latham in :eek: ;)

I can't believe the majority of the country are so stupid to endorse everything that clown has done so far, and not only that but to give him a blank cheque to do anything else. News tonight said he will very likely have control of the senate as well... :mad: :(

As for me voting or not voting, I live in such a safe Labor area that they could put up a plate of mouldy spaghetti as a candidate and it would still get in...(some would say that has happened many times ;) )

Oh well, the weekend wasn't a total waste, at least HOLDEN won at BATHURST! :D

rsr, I think Will Rogers was one of the greatest political analysts of all time...Right up in taxi driver standard [​IMG]