1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Elevation of women in the church and in society

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

And I for one trully appreciate that.

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

You truly are a piece of work. I posted, and I quote:

In case you've missed it yet again. The first sentence admonishes you for speaking as if your wife must be at your beck and call in order to be in submission. The third points out there is a difference between submission and obedience. The fourth sentence states living in submission is living with a willingness to yield to another. (not one another for those other reading impaired individuals)

Why does that not surprise me? Tell me do you have any sons? I want to be sure to tell my daughter to stay as far away from them as possible.

Dont' kid yourself. You really think there is a difference? Either way you are criticizing another man's wife for the way their house is led. You are urging another man's wife to go back to the scriptures and rexamine why their way of life is not in line with biblical authority. Come now, need I go on?

Whatever you say... I'm done conversing with you. Maybe in your household your wife submits and obeys without any question. I prefer to have an attitude of submission and I'm sure my husband prefers that as well. Forcing "your women" into doing things thats the biblical way to go. Your nose is stuck so far up in the air you can't even see what I'm talking about.

3. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Wow, you are really educated as you continue to remind us.
    So smart that you can judge someone that you have never met before.
    I'm impressed!

NOT!

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Some of you guys have no respect for women at all. I cannot believe I am seeing men talk to, and about, a woman the way you guys are doing to FP. It is readily apparent, some of you don't want intelligent women in your lives, with whom you can share on all levels; rather you want either a slave or a puppy dog. Rather sickening, but at least that type of thinking is held by a dying minority. Some woman in your lives must have really been abusive for such hatred of females to be so embedded in your minds. This goes way beyond gender bias. You are lucky this isn't my board, or the whole lot of you would have been banished a long time ago.

5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Yet another poster that is clueless concerning the ability of other people to love as Christ commanded and seek to abide by scripture.

Thank God this isn't your board or it would be called the I'm OK you're OK baptist board!

Wake up, people. God has rules, structure, and order in His creation.
    Read the Bible, it's there!
    What does it matter that it is 2007?
    Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Timothy 3
    13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
    14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
    15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.​

2 Timothy 1
    5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

8. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

Hit the nail on the head! :thumbs:

9. Magnetic Poles

And that's another thing...you bunch of yayhoos continue to pick and choose cafeteria style, the scriptures you think support your misogyny, while ignoring those that have been posted proving you wrong. You use the Bible to support your hatred of women, much as some 19th century "Christians" in the southern US used it to support their sugjugation of slaves. Sickening and totally disgusting.

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

This thread is way past it's shelf life IMHO.

11. Magnetic Poles

Bitsy, it was stinking like sour milk from the OP!

12. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

1 Peter 3

1(A)In the same way, you wives, (B)be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be (C)won without a word by the behavior of their wives, 2as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior.
    just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, (G)calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right

MP, answer this if you would, what does the word 'lord' mean?

(I)You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with (J)someone weaker, since she is a woman;

^
    You see, the atheists are right in rejecting the Bible because it is a sexist, patriarchal book that is degrading to women. You can see the misogyne oozing from this passage. He actually says, 'as with someone weaker' and then adds, 'since she is a woman.'

1 Corinthians 14:34

4The women are to (A)keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but (B)are to subject themselves, just as (C)the Law also says.

Titus 2:5

admonishing women to :

5to be sensible, pure, (A)workers at home, kind, being (B)subject to their own husbands, (C)so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

22(AV)Wives, (AW)be subject to your own husbands, (AX)as to the Lord.
    23For (AY)the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the (AZ)head of the church, He Himself (BA)being the Savior of the body.
    24But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.

That word 'subject' translates a military term (hupotasso, Gk.) which means 'to place under' or to 'subordinate'

the word 'everything' means 'everything' in the grk. :)

Please answer those verses.

In fact, how about I look up commentaries on each verse, written by Christians before the femminist movement, and we can take their understanding of the text into consideration? I think that would be a great way to see if your views have been dictated by the culture or by Scripture.

#412 christianyouth, Jul 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't read all 40 plus responses but the "fault" IMO of local Church and society doesn't fall upon women as such.

My own conviction is that women are not to usurp the authority of men in the church.

The functions of guardian and oversight of the Church was given to the male gender.

If there is fault to be found it is therefore primarily to be found with those to whom the authority was given.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.​

Nothing has changed...​

Genesis 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.​

Let's be men and own up to this very real problem stated in the OP and put the blame where it belongs.​

HankD​

14. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Some posts have addressed this. Go back and look at Post #'s 52 and 56 on page 6.

15. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Two actually. We live in SOuth Central Ky, please avoid by all means.

You set yoursefl up for criticism, lady. No, there is certainly no need for you to go on... but you do...

I will take you for your word.

Yes, we have all noticed the attitude and that is the only thing my big nose thinks stinks.

I never force, and one doesn't see with their nose.

16. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Now now, these false accusations are so unbecoming. No need to lie to try and make a point.

If this were your board, I doubt anyone would be here.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Now this is a deep discussion :)

But after 40+ pages what more is left?

18. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

We (the emperial we) couldn't close it could we????

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with this part of your post. It's male Feminists that have weakened the nation. Instead of an elevation, I would describe it as an usurpation.

20. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I will post my closing on the subject before the thread is closed:

Thanks everybody for all of the passion and opinions posted on this matter. Being new it helped me learn right away where the active members of the board stood on Biblical authority. It also taught me to take a more insightful look at myself in light of Biblical authority to see how I measured up. I know there were alot of heated moments, but I trust everyone has stopped to think about this most serious subject that needs to be examined and addressed today in the lives of every believer. :jesus:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.