email notifications - doesnt' work!

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Faith alone, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

I read a comment by a mod asking us to report bugs in the bugs forum, but I can't findthat forum after searching for some time.

I have reported this problem before and got no response.

The email notification does not work for me. If I have to remember and locate the thread each time I log on, I just won't do it. There's no way to remain active on a board without email notification. i don't know how otehr s do it.

Now, if email notification IS working for someoneelse, please respond so that I can try to get someone to fix my account. Thx. And "yes," I have turned on email notification in my optionsand placed the threads in the subscribed threads list.

I am really frustrated and feeling like I have been ignored for some time on this, so any help would be appreciated, even if it is to say "Sorry, but email notification isn't working yet." I'll just go away for a couple more months and check again later.

Thx much,

FA

2. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

Oh, and can you PM or email me? Because I may not be able to find this thread again.

Thx.

3. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

subscribing to threads doesn't always work either

I just noticed that my list of "subscribed threads" does not include one regarding the TNIV. I tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing - then after refreshing my list of subscribed threads - still doesn't work. But my list of subscribed threads SHOUL:D notify me - and they don't.

FA

4. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

OK, sorry, but we can't edit these threads...

It turns out that all of my threads are listed in the subscribed list - it defaults to listing just 3 - probably your 3 most recent. I clicked on a button and it revealed all 4.

Sorry. But I am subscribed and have my email notification turned on, and it doesn't work. IMO that has got to be one of the single most important features in a board. Better to have it very simplistic, but notifying you. As it is,it's not very usable.

FA

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I am not sure what the problem could be, but I know that email notification are working for me.

It's got just be a missed setting or something. Sorry I couldn't help you fix it, but I wanted you to know they are working for me.

Jamie

6. AndrewT

AndrewT
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Webmaster</b>

Have you checked you bulk mail folder?

7. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

My email system doesn't have a bulk mail folder. I have received emails from others here before - mods and such, so it works. And I DID get the notification for this thread as well as a PM that JamieinNH was nice enough to send me. But I've never been notified of any of my recent responses before (yesterday and today).

I'll keep tabs on those other threads and see if I get any notifications on them now. (I did log off and re-log back on.)

One problem may be that I originally made my user name PISTEWS MONOS and added a view of "Faith alone." But now it's reversed in my users page - with PISTEWS MONOS being the view (which never shows) but the logon being "Faith alone." I'd just as soon get rid of the view and have only "faith alone" now anyway.

But perhaps the translator/macro messed something up when my account was parsed.

Thx for responding though. Now if I can only get notified in my other threads.

Thx,

Frustrated. :smilewinkgrin:

8. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

Andrew,

Just FYI, I still am not getting notified by all threads which I'm subscribed to. I think I'll unsubscribe and re-subscribe to each one to see if that makes a difference.

Thx,

FA

9. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

Just FYI, I did that and i am still not getting every thread notifications.

FA

10. AndrewT

AndrewT
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Webmaster</b>

I am not sure why this is happening. I will look into it...

11. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

Andrew,

Thx for looking into this. Just FYI, I just emailed J Jump today, and he responded back - twice. I got no email notifications, though my setting is to receive them. (I didn't turn on the pop-up thing, as that can bea hassle, and I have a pop-up blocker which will not allow it to work right anyway)

So sometimes I get notified by emails of threads I have posted in and which are listed in my list of active threads. Can you have an adminstrator look into it?

Thx,

FA

12. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

And just FYI, twice yesterday I got email notification emails of a new PM, and I had not received any new PMs. That doesn't make any sense unless the notification was 1/2 a day late. (I had logged off and logged back on to my email provider, so it couldn't have beendelay there - since I immediately get all my most recent mail anyway.)

??

FA

13. AndrewT

AndrewT
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Webmaster</b>

I am not really sure why this is happening. I look to see if the mail was bouncing back to us and it doesn't appear to be. I personally recieve all my notifications. We will continue to look at this...

14. Faith alone

Faith alone
    Expand Collapse

Thx Andrew,

This is not an urgent problem. ButI just wanted to let you know that the notifications are somewhat erratic. Butit's much better than before you changed the s/w and we didn't get notifications at all.

Thx,

FA