Email puzzle.

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by pinoybaptist, Oct 27, 2006.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist
    Expand Collapse

To the geeks and would-be geeks (like me) on this board, here's a question I would like to throw around about Outlook Express.

I am currently on training status with a large cable company who is also a broadband ISP and yesterday we had this call (while I was side jacked but the one taking calls) from a nice gentleman from the West Coast.
    His problem was that he had no issues when sending out mail, either through Outlook Express, or through another email provider, or through our company's webmail.
    The issues begin when people send him mail.
    They (the senders) get bounce back error messages, like our servers were rejecting their emails to him.
    My initial thoughts were that his mailbox was full, or that the packets of email being sent to him were just too large, but the upper level tech who I was sidejacking with decided to elevate the issue to the upper tier, who insisted that nothing was wrong with our servers but did not give any answer to the issue either.
    We ended up with the client a little bit more upset than when he first called in, and me having to tell him he will be called back.
    I think this was an easy problem, and the reason the tech I was sidejacked with elevated it to the other tech was because it was nearing his shift's end and he hoped the other tech would take the call, which did not happen.
    But, on the other hand, there may indeed be more high tech issues involved than mailbox overflow or size.
    That area is currently being migrated from one ISP/Cable provider to another.
    What do you geek types think ?
    And thanks for any suggestion and advice.

2. AndrewT

AndrewT
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Webmaster</b>

Really the only way to diagnose the problem would be to look at the headers for the bounced messages. Sending an email your self from a 3rd party account to the users affected mbox would show you the bounced message headers...

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

I'm not a 'geek type', but I would post this in the Computer Forum. I've had a lot of problems solved in there. :type:

Having said that, I have had this problem with certain servers and MY server had 'blocked' them because of SPAM. The people who were getting their emails bounced had to call THEIR server and have them contact MY server and the block was removed.

It has nothing to do with Outlook Express - it is between the servers.

#3 I Am Blessed 24, Oct 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2006
  4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

He probably has his security set too high. Go to "tools" options and check how high the security is set.