1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Embattled Pastor to "Retire" (?)

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by ktn4eg, Jul 19, 2008.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calling that article "somewhat slanted" is like calling Satan "somewhat evil".

#2 Revmitchell, Jul 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2008
  3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Take the money and run.................

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

If this particular pastor does 'retire', maybe this particular church could find another on eBay. :tear:

Ed

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I wonder if they will advertise in Criag's List?

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I'm at a loss on this one. It did say a Baptist church and pastor? The Baptist I know would vote him out or move to another church.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on what? This article? Don't believe it for a second.

8. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

If true, it is hard to believe. Most SBC churches around here if what I'm told by them is true, 5 to 9 years is a long time pastor of most churches. And most of them that I know of the pastor don't control the money or not for long, look at 1st. Baptist Daytona, spending money if it isn't where I want it, I'll get upset.

In years gone by, I have seen a few IFB churches that might have been like this one, but the members would have left and the ones who stayed would have said how worldly the one's were who left. But I don't see much of that today.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article is irresponsible. It only names the charges but fails to tell the story. The charges came from a very small minority of the church (about 50 people).

They went to the courts and to the press. The fact that they were willing to ignore scripture on this issue say a lot about them not the Pastor.

10. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

RevMitchell has judged correctly:

Whether there are problems or not..... the issues are being handled wrong and unscripturally:

I hate to say it, cause I'm of the feminine gender, but it doesn't surprise me that a woman seems to be evangel of evil....if she is not the leader, she still is the one who is speaking for and inflaming the group. A Jezzebel perhaps? Both order and authority are being brought into question and this pastor is under an attack which is deeper than a court of law....... and he needs our prayers.

I hope the church is able to stablize and maintain its witness in spite of the rebellion against God and his authority. The benefit and blessing may be in having the wolves in the midst identified for who they are.

These are the last days: It is time for those who are of the body of Christ to pray for our pastors and deacons and teachers: Without, they cross the same temptations and perils which we do in daily life. Within, they are charged with the keeping of the sheepfold, to teach the truth, and warn us of danger whether we like the news or not: Deception abounds and snares are laid so that those participating with the spirit of evil can accuse and pull down. Folks are easily offended often by the truth. It is not the people or the church or its pastors that are just being attacked: It is the Word of God, and it is the Glory of God which is coming under attack. Our labor and work is in a carnal world, but the fight is spiritual.

The Judas betrayal has been at work throughout the centuries: We've seen it working to corrupt or water down doctrine; its been at work to confuse the language and the translations of the Word: historically, we've watched the martyrs burned, beheaded, cut assunder and by other means tortured and killed....by some who all the while are professing its in the name of God.....but few paused to question what God are they getting their marching orders from. The Judas spirit makes its attack on the home, and we excuse or commend divorce rather than grieve and mourn.

We are in the last days: We must be warned and warning each other, and encouraging each other to stop depending upon the organized church to give us our formula bottles. Its commendable to be accountable to and share fellowship with a group of believers, but even more accountable are we to God to cherish his Word, hide it deeply in our hearts, allow it to transform our lives, and be the foundation of our living.

Christians everywhere need enlightening in accepting our responsibility in this fight, to know the instruction of God and to pursue obediance and to support each other with encouragement and prayer: and join with each other when we see the truth being attacked or the disruption of God's appointed authority. If we find we have been submitting to an authority which is not following after God..... it is time to change our position and vote with our feet and move our support to that which is in line with God's word. We must beware of joining the Judas crowd.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The small minority of church members who has stirred up this trouble should repent or be disciplined by the church.

12. DrRandyGrace

DrRandyGrace New Member

I would prefer the former but I do agree.

13. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You cracked me up on this one...

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member