1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Emergency Disaster Survival Links.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Kelly Kettle

Using only a handful of fuel such as sticks, Pine cones, Birch bark, dry grass, etc. the kettle will boil in just 3 - 5 minutes. Enjoy hot water for tea, coffee, rehydrating food, bathing, cooking, etc.....irrespective of weather conditions or your location. Just look at our Pictures! Our original camping kettles make boiling water & cooking, fast and easy for fishing & hunting, Car Camping, trekkers, Scouts, power cuts, people working in the outdoors or fun family picnics.

http://www.kellykettle.com/

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Get Prepared: 122 Of The Best Prepper Websites On The Internet

Getting prepared for the chaos that is coming to America in the years ahead is not that complicated. Help is out there – if you know where to look. And it doesn’t have to be expensive either. In this article, I have put together a list of 122 of the best prepper websites on the Internet that will teach you how to prep for free. The great thing about the prepper community is that there are always highly skilled people that are willing to freely share their knowledge and experience with the general public. As the publisher of The Economic Collapse Blog, I am constantly being asked about what people need to do in order to get prepared for the hard times that are coming to this country. And when I am asked, I do my best to encourage people to build up their emergency funds, to store food and supplies, to put together bug out bags and to do everything that they can to become more independent of the system. But sometimes people need a lot more than that. Sometimes people need to have someone give them some real hands on practical advice about things like canning food or setting up home defense systems. So in this article my goal is to connect you with some of the top experts from all over the nation for free. I think that this list is going to be a great resource for people that they can reference again and again, so don’t forget to bookmark it.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/ar...-of-the-best-prepper-websites-on-the-internet

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Anatomy of a Breakdown

If we can all agree on one thing, it’s that the government and disaster organizations alike grossly underestimate how dependent the majority of the population is on them during and after a disastrous event takes place. We need not look any further than the last major disasters that have occurred to find our answers: the Haitian earthquake that occurred in 2010, Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the 2011 super tornado of Joplin, MO, and even as recently as Hurricane Sandy.

As preppers are well aware, when the needs of the population cannot be met in an allotted time frame, a phenomena occurs and the mindset shifts in people. They begin to act without thinking and respond to changes in their environment in an emotionally-based manner, thus leading to chaos, instability and a breakdown in our social paradigm.

When you take the time to understand how a breakdown behaves and how it progresses, only then can you truly prepare for it.

Continue . . . http://readynutrition.com/resources/the-anatomy-of-a-breakdown_12112012/

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Introducing the Safety Sipper

Introducing: the new Safety Sipper™ – A personal water filter that is available for purchase online. Generally, water filters tend to be big, bulky and often require a power source. Nothing is needed for the Safety Sipper™ and it will filter up to 1,000 liters (That is 250 gallons)! The Safety Sipper™ is ideal for travel, hiking, camping, food storage, sports, outdoor enthusiasts, men, women, children and the elderly. The Safety Sipper™ personal water filter is the optimal choice for EVERYONE! Anytime, Anywhere…

http://newsny.net/introducing-the-safety-sippertm-a-personal-water-filter-now-available-in-two-colors/

5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will this device filter alpha and beta particles plus gamma radiation associated with nuclear fallout? These neat ions are in the air too--daughter products are in the ground, water as well. Now what?

Radon detectors with ESPN would probably sell better.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#85 Bro. James, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Good question. Have a look at these.

http://www.proforceequipment.com/products.php?id=45

http://www.proforceequipment.com/product-details.php?id=260&catid=45

Removes up to 99.99% of radiological contaminants such as:

• Gross Beta
    • Uranium
    • Plutonium
    • Radon
    • Radium
    • Cesium
    • Strontium
    • Radioactive Iodine

Amazon carries them I do believe.

My first water filter was a home made job. It's still in my bug out bag as a back up. It'll get the water clean enough but it still needs to be purified so I always carry a stainless steel water bottle to boil the water.

[​IMG]

To make the filter you need one 35mm film canister. Two soda bottle tops. Some cotton balls and charcoal (from a campfire) crushed into a fairly course powder.

Cut a circular hole in the bottom of the film canister. Next cut a circular hole in one of the soda bottle tops and two our three slots in the other. Water doesn't like to flow through round holes. Slots work much better. Next push the slotted soda bottle top to the bottom of the film canister threads up. Put a couple cotton balls, then a layer of charcoal and then another couple cotton balls and push the soda bottle top with the big round hole in it down in the canister just enough to hold the cotton balls and charcoal.

Pour the water through the filter and catch it in something you can boil the water in.

If you want to get fancy and have the spare time you can make a decent free standing gravity filter by using a gator aid bottle and a soda bottle.

Take the cap off the gator aid bottle and cut a hole in it just big enough to slip the water filter in (should be a tight fit) then screw the whole thing onto the gator aid bottle. Next make a funnel out the soda bottle and screw that into soda bottle top threads in the film canister filter. Then you can just fill up the funnel with water and let it trickle through the filter.

You still need to purify the water by boiling or some other method. A couple drops of bleach, purification tablets, Iodine crystals . . .

The best thing about this filter is you can probably find all the parts needed to make it in the trash. This wouldn't be my first choice for a water filter there are many out there that'll do the job better and easier but hey it's better than having no filter at all.

#86 poncho, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Opinel Knives

I own a few Opinel knives and have tested them pretty good now so I thought it was time to put up some information about them.

Here's an over view . . .

This iconic and quintessential knife is one of the most recognizable piece of cutlery in Europe, and possible the world. It has come to represent the French culture. In this video, I show 4 different models. Two number 7 with one in carbon steel and the other in stainless. A stainless number 12 being one of the largest Opinel's you can own and also a carbon number 9 that has seen its fair share of action. These knives are very practical and lightweight as well as extremely affordable. Ever knife collector needs to have at least a couple of these in their collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCjNhEY_XIU

Size comparison . . .

If ordering sight unseen from an online source, hopefully this video will help one decide on what size Opinel folding knife is the right size for their needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQRVeyh_kw

Here's a review of the number 9 . . .

Opinel No 9 Carbon Blade Folding Knife. With a traditional design and a razor sharp edge, this extremely lightweight folding knife is very popular with lots of folks. I thought I would take a look myself to see what I thought of it. Turns out I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCoAKIUHhqg

I prefer the number 7 and 8 in carbon steel. I don't mind the little bit of extra care carbon steel knives need over stainless because they generally take a keener edge and hold it better than stainless. One thing I noticed about some of the Opinel knives is that the inner sleeve extends beyond the wood just a touch. This doesn't allow the blade to open all the way. No problem, easy fix. Just file the inner sleeve where it meets the spine of the blade until it's flush with the wood.

Amazon carries them.

Opinel, Je les aime! :)

#87 poncho, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Survival Guide to Homelessness

Introduction to the Project

I spent nearly five years, from mid-1996 to the beginning of 2001, homeless, or as I liked to call it with a distributed household. I had storage, shelter, mailbox, telephone, shower, bathroom facilities, cooking equipment, and transportation, even access to television, radio, computer equipment, and ac power. I had the essence of a home. It was simply more geographically scattered than is traditional in our culture.

I'm not the first to do what I did, to live homeless well. I'm not the first to find advantage in homelessness. It is a well kept secret that homelessness can be freedom and comfort can attend it. The secret is well kept because revealing that you are homeless in this society is dangerous. There is stigma. There are even laws prohibiting it. Imagine that. There are laws against being homeless. Let me say that one more time. There are laws against being homeless.

There are laws against sleeping in public, in your car, on the beach, anywhere in the public view. It is the only law that I know that prohibits a behavior that is involuntary. You must sleep. There is no choice. You must do it. If you do not sleep for approximately one third of your life, you will suffer. The less sleep you get, the more physical and psychological symptoms you will suffer, until your mental faculties break down, your grasp of reality disintegrates, your self-control disappears. Your body will make you sleep, and if you use stimulants to avoid it, you will rapidly begin to become psychotic, with unpredictable mood swings, displays of aggression, and hallucinations. Nevertheless, the law in nearly every municipality forbids sleeping unless you are rich enough to afford a house or hotel to do it in. It's a human rights violation, but I will get back to that.

I've been thinking about writing this book, a guide to living well, for years. People think it will be easy to be homeless, that it is a lazy choice. Nothing could be further from true. Homelessness is very hard work. Homelessness can be very uncomfortable until you solve some basic problems. It is vital, for instance, to have a place of concealment. It is vital to assure that you will be warm, and to provide for safety, and for hygiene, and for communications, and even for a source of income. If you are newly homeless, you will not be meeting all of these basic needs, and to the extent that you don't, you will pay for that. This book will teach you to meet those needs effectively and fast.

http://guide2homelessness.blogspot.com/2004/10/introduction-to-project.html

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Sharpshooter 22 Long Rifle Reloader

Like most people today, you probably didn’t even realize it was possible to reload 22 long rifle ammo. As you can see, it is not only possible but also convenient with one powerful tool and a few accessories.

Our manual contains close up photography, cutaway views, and all details necessary to reload without any other means.

If you are concerned with the 22 LR ammo shortage and tired of looking for bullets to go plinking, our kit will help you become self-sufficient and enjoy shooting on your own terms.

This kit is a must have if you are serious about your bug out bag list and survival gear. With the included instruction pamphlet, you will be re-loading 22 LR ammo using available resources while others are left empty handed.

Whether you are preparing an adequate bug out bag with your survival gear or simply want to reload your own 22 long rifle ammo, the Sharpshooter 22LR Reloader Kit is your answer.

http://22lrreloader.com/

22LR Reloader Intro to The Kit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU-gwBoN7A2gfuiplVuC4dIw&v=eQ5DItcYQ2E

THE ACU’RZR: This is the tool system so many are talking about! The tools that give target accuracy to inexpensive 22 rimfire ammo with the Cup Nose shape.

With the NastiNose shape it’s the tool that produces a hunting hollow point that actually works in the first half inch of penetration for deadly small game hunting...with Sub-velocity to high and hyper velocity ammo . And with great accuracy.

With the Scorp’n Nose shape it’s the tool that gives 22 Rimfire ammo deep penetration and deadly performance on larger small game. Again with accuracy.

http://www.leverguns.com/store/acurzr.html

#89 poncho, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#90 poncho, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Superyacht Getaway Subs And Luxury Bomb Shelters: The Elite Are The Most Paranoid Preppers Of All

When it comes to “prepping”, many among the elite take things to an entirely different level. As you will see below, the elite are willing to pay big money for cutting edge home security measures, luxury bomb shelters and superyacht getaway submarines. Some of the things that the elite are demanding for their own protection go beyond even what we would see in a James Bond film, and serving the prepping needs of the elite has become a multi-billion dollar business.

Meanwhile, the media outlets that the elite own continue to mock the rest of us for getting prepared. All the time we see headlines like this one that appeared in a major American news source: “Preppers: Meet the paranoid Americans awaiting the apocalypse“. Well, if we are paranoid for setting aside some extra food and supplies for the future, what does that make the people that you will read about in this article?

Continue . . . http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...e-elite-are-the-most-paranoid-preppers-of-all

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Richardson’s Philippine Guerrilla Gun: A gun to get a gun

Americans have long been a fan of shotguns, pumps,semi-autos, over and unders, you name it, we love em. One red-blooded American even ran into an interesting one while doing a little Wolverines-style combat in the Philippines and thought it would catch on back home once the smoke cleared. His name was Richardson, and his idea is best known as the Philippine Guerrilla Gun.

Who was Richardson?

Continue . . . http://www.guns.com/2013/04/29/richardsons-philippine-guerrilla-gun-a-gun-to-get-a-gun/

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ray Mears explains the differences and key uses of the three most popular Gransfors Bruks Axes - the Scandinavian Axe, Small Forest Axe and Wildlife Hatchet Axe.

Understanding Ferro Rod Fire-Starters With Dave Canterbury

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#97 poncho, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.