1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Emerging from Fundamentalism

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by humblethinker, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It very well may be true.

Who really knows?

Where is the documentation?

When exposing a "tyrant" then documentation must be published telling the name and showing the doctrinal error and/or failed living.

Such was presented and can be exampled in:

The Wizard of God by Nichik

Fundamental Seduction by Glover

When a pastor (such as Gary Coleman, LDBC, Garland, TX) stands before the assembly and apologizes for past mistakes, and educational leaders (such as Bob Jones III) go on national TV and acknowledges mistakes, it should be praised and held as esteemed - a mark that true fundamental preachers and educators can make mistakes, but are not "tyrantical."

When one is calling another a "tyrant" then it needs to be shown in appropriate documentation - such as can be found on Frank Norris, Jack Hyles, ...

Tyrants need no excuse for their tyranny. They cannot apologize for it is not a part of the humility factor which every tyrant has set aside.

Those in whom documentation is factual then can be held accountable and given space to repent and make repairs (which would be highly unusual). Those that are stiff - necked then can be avoided, for those unaware will be warned.

Broad brush condemnation of the whole of the last 60 or more years of IFB is inaccurate, reactionary, and offers little in the realm of reality.

Certainly, there were and are those who took "standards" to an extreme, but there are thousands of good IFB pastors who for decades preached not just the "fundamental doctrines" but also presented and encouraged a militancy against living like the world. They took John's words as necessary for every believer.

John states: "15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever."

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Others and myself.

I take him (michael) for his word, and for several reasons. One reason is this isn't anything new and has been known for years. If you want more info on the validity of the abuses of IFB churches and pastors, try youtube, google &c. It happens due to the culture of fundies.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yes I've called you on it. Let's just say I am fully aware of the reason why you won't support the truth of what michael stated, and so are you. :)

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and on this note I'm closing this thread. FYI, I am going to keep a closer eye on this forum. It was set up to be a safe harbor for (f)(F)undamental Baptists. IOt was not set up as a soapbox to bash them. If you don't like the theological position, go some place else. It's not like we Fundamentalist are shy about airing our dirty laundry. If one segment of Fundamental Baptists wants to hide someone or something, there's another that's all to happy to expose it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.