1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

End of an era

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Martin, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Food Network will not be re-newing Emeril Live in the Spring. Though the show will continue to air, new episodes will no longer be filmed. However Emeril will continue to film episodes of Essence of Emeril.

How can I get my BAM! fix now?? :tear:

Message from Emeril

I guess it had to happen one day...

#1 Martin, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2007
  2. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Maybe, someone else will pick up his show. He could go to DVD's or The net. ;)

Martha Stewart...Bam! :laugh:

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I hate to see them cancel Emeril

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

As much as I enjoy his show, most of the shows have been reruns for several months now, anyway.

I heard an interesting interview with R. Lee Ermey about the future of his show "Mail Call" on the UFO and Giant Crane Channel (Formerly the History Channel).

He explained that the new trend in cable TV with shows like Emeril, Mail Call, etc, is to film about one hundred episodes and stop, no matter how popular the show is, because it's so much cheaper just to air reruns over and over.

That's why there are so few new episodes of Mythbusters and New Yankee Workshop anymore.

The odd thing about them stopping production on Emeril Live is that it's still the anchor of that network.

I watch Food Network pretty much constantly and the trend is away from cooking oriented shows in favor of more shows about the food industry.

PBS has been very good to Steve Raichlen. Maybe Emeril could go there.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==That is so very true. The Discovery Channel airs so many ghost shows that it could probably use a new name as well. I thought the History Channel was about history and the Discovery Channel about science. O well, I guess I was wrong. Probably the same with Music Television (MTV) which no longer plays music.

==I have noticed that about those shows. I have also noticed that newer sitcoms are shorter in length and have shorter seasons. I have dvd collections of I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, etc, and those shows had more episodes in one season then many new shows have in two seasons.

==I wonder when they are going to start doing that with Dirty Jobs?

==Yea, Emeril is still very important to the success of that network. However, as you point out, the network seems to be moving in a very different direction. They are making more and more reality shows (contests) and shows about how restaurants and factories make food. You can see this with Guy. He once hosted "Guy's Big Bite" and now he hosts "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives". Both are great shows, but you see the shift in focus.

==That is where Ming Tsai went, I think. I have also heard a rumor that Molto Mario is no longer going to be filmed on FoodTV. My understanding is that Mario will still appear on Iron Chef and reruns of Molto Mario will continue to run for the time being (just like Emeril). I hope Paula Dean does not leave. Though she seems to have already abandoned her old show for the new Paula's Party (which I don't really like).

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Got Hammer?

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

They haven't made any new Molto Mario's in a couple of years.