1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

End of the world?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Boanerges, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Someone mentioned Jack Van Impe on another thread, so I thought I would take a look on the net. Here are some quotes:

Some quotes from around the internet:

2001 Jack Van Impe Ministries sponsors the largest Evangelical Christian program devoted to end-time prophecy. In his home page, he discusses his book "On the Edge of Eternity" in which he predicts that the year 2001 will "usher in international chaos such as we've never seen in our history." He predicts that in 2001, and the years following, the world will experience "drought, war, malaria, and hunger afflicting entire populations throughout the [African] continent...By the year 2001, there will be global chaos." Islam will become much larger than Christianity. (That would take a sudden growth spurt; Islam is currently followed by 19% of the world's population vs. 33% for Christianity). A one-world church will emerge; it will be "controlled by demonic hosts." Temple rituals (presumably including ritual animal sacrifice) will resume in Israel.

Aug. 13, 2003:
    Is Bush getting apocalyptic advice?

by Jeannette Walls, MSNBC Aug. 13, 2003

Is the Bush administration turning to a televangelist doomsayer for political predictions? Apocalyptic preacher Jack Van Impe is claiming that he was contacted by Condoleezza Rice’s office and the White House Office of Public Liaison for an “outline” of his take on world events.

Van Impe is the author of such books as “Israel’s Final Holocaust” and “The Great Escape: Preparing for the Rapture, the Next Event on God’s Prophetic Clock.”

He has predicted that the end of the world will strike somewhere between 2003 and 2012 and one reviewer has called his TV preaching show with wife Rexella “a fantastically loopy apocalyptic take on the week’s news.”

The issue of the alleged involvement with the Bush administration came up on his Web site when someone asked Van Impe, “Do you think that President Bush, apparently a Christian man, believes and knows he is involved in prophetic events concerning the Middle East and final battle between good and evil?”

“I believe he is a wonderful man,” Van Impe responded, and goes on to say, “I was contacted a few weeks ago by the Office of Public Liaison for the White House and by the National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice to make an outline. And I’ve spent hours preparing it. I will release this information to the public in September, but it’s in his hands. He will know exactly what is going to happen in the Middle East and what part he will have under the leading of the Holy Spirit of God. So, it’s a tremendous time to be alive.”

“My investigation into it is that there’s no truth to it,” National Security Council spokesman Sean McCormack told The Scoop, “but I’m continuing to look into it.”

[Published by MSNBC]

Aug. 12, 2003:
    Apocalypse preacher says White House solicits his advice
    Excerpt: I am not sure whether [George W. Bush] knows all of the prophecies and how deep of a student he has been in God's Word, but I was contacted a few weeks ago by the Office of Public Liaison for the White House and by the National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice to make an outline. And I’ve spent hours preparing it. I will release this information to the public in September, but it’s in his hands.

Jesus to Return 2001-2012
    Jack: The Jews said God created the world in 6 days, Genesis 1:31, and He rested on the seventh day, Genesis 2:2. And since a day is like a thousand years, Psalm 90, verse 4, that means the world will go on for 6,000 years and then our Meshia, our Messiah, will come. And Rabbi Blesh said that event is now at the door, the messianic age. The Christians: same thing. In 2 Peter 3:3 it says "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers saying 'Yeah, where's the promise of His coming? Since our grandparents fell asleep, nothing's changed.'" But he goes on, context, verse 10: "The day of the Lord will come," when? Verse 8, a day is like a thousand years, the thousand years is like a day. After 6,000 years. And that hits, not at 2000, but 2001, so don't wear your white sheets January 1, 2000. You've got another year to go, if you're going to be accurate. Then, I believe, because of calendar changes, it could be anywhere from 2001 to 2012. We don't set a day or an hour, Matthew 24:36, but we believe it's near, even at the door, Matthew 24:33. And please study Matthew 16:28 and Matthew 17:1, after six days Jesus took them up to a mountain and He showed them what it's going to be like when His kingdom arrived on earth, when? After 6 days, 6,000 years. Oh, it's all so near. (Jack Van Impe Show, TBN, December 1, 1999)

2. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Michael Jackson is not the only "wacko Jacko".

3. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

You are making too much sense Shannon. Stop it.

Anyhow, so with all of the false prophets and false teachers, and "feelings" and "allegory", where does one go to get God's truth....... HIS WORD

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

While his current event tie-in's can ba a little far fetched, his eschatology is right on.

5. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

If he made a prediction that did not come true, he is then a false prophet, and we are to have nothing to do with him.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The only "prediction" I see is the Lord returning sometime before 2012. We have 6 years to go before we can call him a "false prophet", then.

He also is not "prophecying", but giving his interpretation of what he believes Scripture says. He's hardly a false prophet.

7. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

OK, I haven't read it, but why does he say 2012?

8. David Singleton

David Singleton New Member

Men have been predicting, or trying to predict when Christ will return since the ascension and theyve all been found lacking. We know of his eventual return because the Bible says He'll return. But Jesus told us plain and simple, that no one knows the day, the time or the hour, except the Father. To sit and speculate the when is pointless. Instead of listening to the Jack Van Ikies of the world we need to just accept the Biblical truth of His eventual return and concentrate our efforts on bringing other to Him.

9. billreber

billreber New Member

I hereby predict that (if we make it to tomorrow) we will be one day closer to the Return of Christ.

LOL!

David, you said it!

Bill