1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

End of the year testimonies---and a little Christmas cheer

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Spinach, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Please share!

This Christmas season, I am thankful. I appreciate everything that Jesus is to me and how much love I feel. I appreciate my husband, who has labored for the Lord and for his family. I appreciate my children, who bring a certain wonderful craziness to my life---and love me anyway. I appreciate the American churches, who have shared with us in the ministry, and who hold us up in prayer daily. I appreciate my Mother, who has overcome so much, and yet remains faithful. I appreciate my little sister. She and I have become close again and I appreciate the friend she is to me. I appreciate the believers here. They bring us so much joy.

This year has been one of high mountains and low valleys. Jesus brought us through it all! The Lord has seen fit to grant us health and safety. He has faithfully led us along. He saved one of our children just a couple weeks ago.

As far as the ministry goes, in 2008, we saw three large baptisms, several campmeetings, the birth of new churches, and many new believers. We helped to address the physical needs as well and were a part of flour and oil distribution last January. We hope to be a part this winter as well. Our first coat drive is going well also. We're so thankful to be a part of something so wonderful. I'm humbed by it----that he would ask me to do a work for Him.

And to all of you, Merry Christmas!

2. billreber

billreber New Member

I, too, am thankful for what the Lord has brought into my life this year. Among the many things:

My mother broke her hip last Dec 23, had surgery on Dec 24, and spent a lot of the year recovering. My DW and I spent a LOT of time at the hospital and Rehab place. Good Christian friends also helped. She is back in full swing now!

My great-niece Aerith was born in May. She is the CUTEST girl ever born! (I know, I know, EVERY one is the cutest! But she's MY cutest!)

My Sunday School class of grade-schoolers has become one of the strongest prayer support for a kid named Kyle. (We learned about Kyle on the BB. He was born at 22 or 23 weeks, and we kept track of his growth and family on their blog on the Internet. He lives in Texas, we are in Washington, and have never met. Someday!).

We have also recently heard about Alexander, who has a very serious cancer. We just started praying for him this month! He just this week traveled to St Jude's Hospital in Memphis from Portland, Oregon. Surgery is Monday Dec 22.

I spent three of the coldest hours ever in a Living Nativity last Sunday night. It was wonderful! About 1600 (500 on Sunday) cars drove through a six-scene Nativity, which ended with a live lamb chained to the base of a cross. Next December, you've all got to come see it!

We had a near-record annual snowfall last year, and today have set a new record 24-hour snowfall. It is beautiful, and I had to stay home today because of bad road conditions. Therefore, I got to take pictures of a whitetail buck behind my backyard fence this morning!

God is truly good!

Merry Christmas to all!

Bill :godisgood:

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm always stymied when I try to select just a few things I'm thankful for.

There's always the obvious, salvation, freedom, family etc etc, but In teaching SS a couple of Sundays ago I was discussing this topic of "THANKFULNESS" & I had some new thoughts.

How many times do you thank God for a hand of 5 fingers that work normal? A pair of lungs/kidneys that work so perfect that you aren't even aware of them? A set of teeth, crooked, chipped or discolored maybe, but still function perfectly?

Or on another tact, a family that is all saved, loves to get together and non-dysfunctional?

Or the lost keys that made you just about 5 minutes later leaving, & you run up on an accident that could very well have been you -- 'cept for the delay of losing the keys for a few minutes???

On & on & on. Just like the song says "If the ocean were ink, and the sky a parchment---" just not enough of either to fully list all that we as Christians should, should mind you, not always are, be thankful for!!!