1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enemies of the Gospel/Cross Of Christ

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by tyndale1946, Oct 8, 2015.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

According to Romans these were enemies concerning the Gospel but beloved of The Father. Yet in Philippians we see others who are enemies to the cross of Christ.
    Philippians 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Is there a difference in the enemies of the Gospel and those of the Cross Of Christ?... Comments Brother Glen

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the cross of Christ is the gospel