1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

English test

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Harold Garvey, Oct 5, 2009.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Generally, numbers under twenty are always spelled out. It is considered less important to do so for numbers 21-100. Numbers over 100 are generally written numerically.

You missed the point on my correction. "The dog" should be set off in quotations in the question portion of your test, so as to delineate it from the rest of the sentence.

I'm not the one who made the point about "dog" being a noun. You are correct that it is both a noun and an indirect object.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Numerically? What about numbers over 100 that aren't round? HMMMM?????

And who would be so mean as to set off a dog in quotations? If you're gonna set him off, at least take the quotations off first so he's free to do his thing! :laugh:

I think of all the states I've been in so far, Oklahoma takes the prize for mangled speech, both written and spoken. I'm working on fitting in, y'all. You should hear two Oklahomans trying to say goodbye...ya'd think it was a whole flock of sheep gone wild...

Baaaaaa.

Baaa bbbbaaa.

See yall dumarrah. Baaaaaa

ah-ight, baaaaaa.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yall ever lived in KY?

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Nope, but lived in the Kentucky-influenced section of Ohio. The spoken word and music styles are awesome in that area of the country! I'd probably love to live there. From what I've heard, it's pretty much just plain, normal living without a ton of pretense and snootiness and the earth is veru good for growing typical garden stuff. I've lived in places where people paid for DIRT! Not fertilizer. Dirt. Can you believe that?