1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

English

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salamander, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abell

Abell New Member

You are projecting your lack of faith onto me. Do you believe the KJV went directly from the translators mind to the printing press? It had to have been written by them by hand in a final draft for someone to print. Printing errors does not mean the translators final draft contained any errors.

I really do not appreciate you telling me what I believe and what I don't. Just because your faith may not be as strong as mine does not give you the right to cast doubt on what I believe about God.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I copied your exact false accusations toward another poster. You hold a double standard.

Besides they were questions. Do you think God is strong enough to preserve His word all the way through the translation and printing process to my hands or not? Do you have the translators final draft in your hands?

Is the Bible you hold perfect of does it have printing and typesetting mistakes. If it has mistakes how can you trust it?

Do you stand in the pulpit and admit "I have the perfect Bible. except these printing mistakes?'

#182 NaasPreacher (C4K), Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
  3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Pot calling kettle alert!:laugh:

4. Keith M

Keith M New Member

So now you resort to putting words in my mouth, eh? What a typical KJVO response, Abell! Of course I believe God is capable of giving English-speaking people His perfect word. But, unlike you, I'm firmly convicted God is able to do so in various Bible translations. You, like other KJVOs, are confused between God's word (His message to us) and English words printed on a page. Until you can comprehend the difference, it's likely you'll stay confused.

Abell, if you don't believe God can preserve His message perfectly without preserving a certain set of printed English words, how can you expect Him to preserve your soul perfectly? If you don't trust God in the little things how can you trust him in the big things? I'm sorry, Abell, God is bigger than to be limited by human preference. Your position that casts doubt on God's ability to preserve His word in as many translations as He sees fit and His wisdom in providing many translations in keeping with His promise of preservation isn't a laughing matter - it's actually rather sad!

BTW, Abell, I DO believe God has perfectly preserved His word - but I don't believe God has preserved a particular set of words printed on a page. And I believe God's ability to prserve my soul, too. Why is it that KJVOs like you and Will Kinney always take it on yourselves to try to tell others what they believe? Of course you're always WRONG! You become your own final authority when you declare there is only one true word of God in English, just like you become your own final authority when you make these pathetic attempts to misrepresent what people believe.

Remember, Abell - God can't possibly be the source of the KJVO myth because He isn't the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33) or the father of lies (John 8:44). If God can't be the source of the KJVO position, who do you suppose IS the source of the KJVO position?

5. Keith M

Keith M New Member

You're clutching at straws again, Abell. Those straws won't save you from your sinking KJVO ship!

We're not talking about another verse saying "the brother of" without the words being italicized. It was you who brought up 2 Samuel 21:19. But when you were confronted with the truth that KVJ translators added words, you ran like a scared puppy, trying to hide behind another verse. It doesn't work that way, Abell. If you can't substantiate your claims then don't make them. The bottom line for 2 Samuel 21:19 is that KJV translators added to Scripture. And the bottom line for the bigger picture is that the KJVO position is absoloutely WRONG - there isn't a bit of scriptural support for it anywhere in any translation.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Can we get this to page 20 so we can close it?

7. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Neither do we appreciate you telling us whatg we beloieve, Abell. You did the same thing you're criticizing Roger for doing, and that's hypocritical, to say the least.

8. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Okay...here's another post.

9. Keith M

Keith M New Member

And here's another post...

10. Keith M

Keith M New Member

...and yet another post...

11. Abell

Abell New Member

This is not a question. This is a flat denial of my faith in God to preserve His word perfectly. Neither do I hold a double standard. I have never doubted God's ability to preserve His Word, nor keep that which I have committed to Him. It was Keith that cast doubt on God's ability to preserve His word perfectly for English speaking people. See post 172. Since Keith doubted God's ability in a small thing I asked Him how he could trust God in a bigger thing.

And you accuse me of making false accusations?!?! You do not like my stance on the KJV and the fact that none of you have been able to refute any fact I presented concerning the superiority of the KJV. Therefore you adopt a mob mentality to attack my beliefs. I have debated with agnostics and atheists who held more integrity than the majority on this forum. I'm outta here. May God help you all.

12. Keith M

Keith M New Member

...and now we should be on page 20. :thumbsup:

13. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Not true at all, Abell! I stated I believe in God's ability to preserve His word. It's YOU who doubts God's ability to preserve His word in more than one English Bible translation. BTW, Abell, WHICH KJV is the perfect one?

Abell, you have presented NO facts - only opinion and guesswork! That's all the KJVO myth is based on, and it's all you've presented.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.