1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Entirety of Scripture

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I wonder if all who "distrust" the KJB really do consider the chronology of the Bible and the harmony of Scripture when they come up with all these "mistakes" presumed?

Seems many demand the exact quotations of certain scriptures and yet deny the fact we're dealing with a few different penmen relating what the Lord has inspired them to say.

Let's play a little game in our "debate", if this will meet the moderator's approval:

Where does the Bible contradict itself in entirety? Do mv's contradict themselves as the mv advocates claim the KJB does. Or do they just "correct" the passages with disregard to chronology? Indivual penemen accounts?

Seems many like to constantly allude to corrections necessary w/o reagrds to these two factors.

Yall fight it out, I'll just stndby in case I see the other needs a helping hand :D

2. BrianT

BrianT New Member

You just don't get it.

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the umpteenth time, QS, it's NOT the KJV we're against; we're against the man-made false doctrine that the KJV is the ONLY valid English Bible translation. We point out discrepancies in the KJV only to prove wrong the KJVO claim that the KJV is perfect. We're NOT trying to discredit the KJV as the KJVOs are trying to discredit all other versions, but we do NOT believe the KJV is perfect, either, and it's been proven.

KJVO IS A FALSE, MAN-MADE MYTH.

5. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

In deference to our brothers I will now change my use of the acronymous KJVO designation to KJBO.

Regarding the entirety of scripture - I do not think that the KJB contradicts itself anywhere. As I have said in other posts I think the true inspiration of scripture comes when the Holy Spirit writes the "words" of scripture on the heart of a believer who reads the black marks on the paper (or an a manuscript). To look for contradictions in scripture is wrong-headed. Scripture IS cohesive and DOES fit together without a problem. To compare a passage from Chronicles with one from Kings and say, "look it's a little different" is just silly - of course they're a little different; they were written by different hands and different times. God is not mocked - we've got just what He wants us to have!

The KJB has been around for a long time. I doubt God would have allowed it to flourish if it had significant errors. I think that its words are quite sufficient to hold the truth of God. I also believe that certain MVs (NKJV, NIV, NASB, ESV) also contain sufficient verbage to communicate God's word.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. LRL71

LRL71 New Member

Methinks that BrianT is correct that the KJVO's (like QS) just don't get it. No one here thinks that the problems arise with regard to the KJV itself, but rather with those who promote a KJV-only position. When faced with the same (stupid) arguments that KJVO's make against the MV's when we 'turn the tables' on making the same arguments against the KJV, we prove absurdity by being absurd (something taken from Rush!). Dealing with KJVO's is like dealing with political liberals. When given that same medicine which the KJVO's shovel out, the KJVO is flummoxed by their own type of nonsense.

7. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

Hey QuickeningSpirit, don't you get it? I got it. Let me show you.

You and I believe that God inspired and preserved his words perfectly. The modernist believe that, since God is too busy in answering prays, holding the Earth in space, along with the Moon and Sun and all the other planets, that he cannot do this.

See, that wasn't hard was it.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I agree. God did promise to preserve His Word and has faithfully kept His promise.

But, of course, that has nothing to do with the KJVonly sect. He preserved it in Hebrew and Greek and still has preserved it in Hebrew and Greek, not in any "second" inspired words in any language.

How rich and blessed the world is that we have the preserved Word of God so that it can be translated into 10,000 languages today!

9. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen to that! [​IMG] Tanzania has approximately 120 ethnic groups, and most of the population speaks a Bantu language. The "persevered" KJV doesn't preserve God's word very well for these people. :(

10. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Homebound, you just don't get it either.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The typical KJVO tries to discredit all other English versions, but his usual excuse is, "It aint the KJV." That like saying apples aint oranges. To deny that a popular BV is not valid is a serious thing. It became popular for a reason, and he/she who fights against may find themselves FIGHTING GOD.

We anti-KJVOismists, on the other hand, have no agenda to push, no doctrine to defend, no myth to try to prove, no Bible version with which we are at war. We merely reject the KJVO myth for its total lack of substantiating evidence. It's the KJVO who began these debates, so he/she has the burden of proof, and so far it's been all burden & no proof for the KJVO.

12. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Criag, God just revealed His will for your life to me. You are called to Tanzania to teach them Hebrew and Greek, so they might not be deprived of the Word of God in the Bantu, but if they did just so happen to learn English in the process, they would be much better off to avoid your slant and have the AV 1611 KJB. :eek: That did sting didn't it!?!

13. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Just of note and I intentionally put this in BOLD. The initial post I made said absolutely NOTHING about "KJVO" and already 8 out of 12 posts have either directly stated kjvo or at least alluded to it. Even a moderator did that! :eek: Was I allowed to do that?

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was anyone picking on you? You've made your views known in previous posts, and so have the rest of us. I suppose you could post all the pro-KJV or pro-KJVO stuff you wish, but when you do, expect a large riposte since you hold the view of only a small minority here.

15. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Cranston's hobby-horse rides again!

Try to stay on topic please? My post was a little reminder to do just that, but I see I have to
    S P E L L it out for you.

16. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

So, whoever said that it did?

17. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Sure, I understand? Do you? If so, please succinctly state it so we will all know that you do really understand. :D