1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eph 1:5

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Salamander, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

James:

I was wrong. My mistake. I thought the comments were the conclusion of TexasSky and so authored by her. That is why I mentioned about the "he/she"

You have shown nothing to show I added to what anyone has said. Why do you make those accusations when there is no evidence to show that? It would be easy enough to quote my words to show were I to add to what another has said. Be honest about these things. My comments and disagreement of the words stand. I see no reason to retract anything I said about the comments. I don't care at all about your feelings regarding these things but if you want to deal with fact there could be some benefit. The comments as they are posted appear to be doubletalk and I have given reason why I say that. Feelings are not a test of fact.

By grace,
    Bob Krajcik
    Mansfield, Ohio

[​IMG]

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

3. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

James, my words were followed by a question mark. A statement is followed by a period. I asked for clarification, that’s what the question mark was for, and you gave it. Perhaps I should have said, "So, You imagine salvation is based on a judicial act, man having done the right thing being the essential cause of salvation." You would have valid reason to say I added to what you said, for ending that with a period says one thing, but using a question mark as I did originally means something different. No, I did not add. Thank you for clearing this up, because I could not see why you thought I was adding to your words. If you understand I added, then you are welcomed to be wrong about that. No argument from me.

[​IMG]

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

peace brother bob

often times words come across in the wrong way in this fourm. I know your views..i have read them many times..i should have known you meant nothing wrong by your reply.

see how long it takes ME to say i was wrong? many lines i type...yet..i must say..

I was wrong bob..

go with God...

In Christ...James

5. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

Say, no problem. I'll try to be more clear. I don't want to bring grief over this, just trying to understand. There are times I get going the wrong direction, and appreciate being turned about. There is enough grief in this world. Thanks again for clarifying and being gracious. If I would have worded better, in seeking clarification perhaps this wouldn't have been such a mess.

Thanks again for the gracious way you replied. I hope this is past...

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Can we get this thread back on topic?

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

You made this comment in response to Wes who is infamous on this board for NOT being a Calvinist. You have actually found a position that provokes Calvinists and non-Calvinists alike. Consider yourself lucky!

"not!" [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Let us PROVOKE one another to GOOD works, and not mass confusion, thus RIGHTLY dividing the Word of Truth, I say!

8. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Sure!

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

How does one "obtain" anything that wasn't "his" from befoere the foundations of the world"???

12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

To "TRUST" fully indicates a "WILL" that could also "mistrust"

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

To belive also indicates a will that is capable of unbelief, which multiple scriputres deal expressly with.

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

For something to be "purchased", it first had to belong to another person and in that person's posession : thus to be "redeemed" denotes that the object or persons had to be in a state of degenrated existence: a person suposedly "in him" CANNOT ever be in that existence in being or state prior to salvation!!!

15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Uh, FAITH!!

Paul also could have heard of their lack of faith as he dealt with in I and II Corinthians in detail, IF! the Bible is applicable to all Christians and the "IF" then is become of nothingness, because ALL SCRIPTURE is profitable for doctrine/ reproof/correction.

Of which those who dogmaiticly hold to 5 point or less Calvinism need correcting. :D

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Way to Go Sal! Ya jumped right out of the fryin' pan into the fire!

10. rc

rc New Member

To "TRUST" fully indicates a "WILL" that could also "mistrust

To belive also indicates a will that is capable of unbelief, which multiple scriputres deal expressly with

You didn't quite get the verse before it did you.
    All of these verses are UNDER the arch of God's purpose and predestining will.

If it is in God's soveriegn will for those being written to, to believe, they WILL. So your point of not believing is pointless.

The redeemed. Those whom Christ Died For. His Sheep. The called out ones, the elect before time began the plan of redemtion was in place and the people chosen for that redemption was in place.

11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I guess you missed the point of being "in him" demands that one wasn't "in him" at a previous point in time, but that doesn't surprise me when the Spirit is given a deaf ear and the teachings of men like Calvin are held above the very Word of God, Himself.

Now, explain why Jacob is NEVER referred to as "elect"? Is he not Israel? "Mine ELECT"?

Notice this is doctrinal in very essence, and has no predetermined influence of the doctrines of men, it is God's doing, not Calvin's.

Israel was Jacob, but God touched him and changed him, a PERFECT picture of salvation, therefore election before salvation, and predestination as the Calvinist believes are incorrect.

And I do like the insecurity you espoused by the use of "if" when concerning God's Sovereinty, but how sad, that you argue a "point" that you're not even sure of? :rolleyes: :D

12. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Way to Go Sal! Ya jumped right out of the fryin' pan into the fire! </font>[/QUOTE]Ooooooooo! I'm shaking in my boots and wringing my hands like a wet rag!

I'm not "afraid" of any frying pan the Calvinist has, I have the Authoritive Word of God and it's Author for my defense, (and my heat sheild).

Simply put, Calvinism only does one thing, create more Calvinists. Calvinists do not grow, they intermingle and eventually dry up and blow away, until some "new doctrine" comes along and they are duped into believing that one as well.

Read your Bible coupled with the Spirit of Promise

II Peter 3:9

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Way to Go Sal! Ya jumped right out of the fryin' pan into the fire! </font>[/QUOTE]Ooooooooo! I'm shaking in my boots and wringing my hands like a wet rag!

I'm not "afraid" of any frying pan the Calvinist has, I have the Authoritive Word of God and it's Author for my defense, (and my heat sheild).

Simply put, Calvinism only does one thing, create more Calvinists. Calvinists do not grow, they intermingle and eventually dry up and blow away, until some "new doctrine" comes along and they are duped into believing that one as well.

Read your Bible coupled with the Spirit of Promise

II Peter 3:9
    </font>[/QUOTE]This post smacks of your lack of knowledge regarding church history.

14. rc

rc New Member

Romans 9:11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad - in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of his call -

3 As it is written, " Jacob I loved , but Esau I hated."

Do you not understand the PRINCIPLE of Paul's whole argument? God LOVED Jacob BEFORE he was born... This is the essence and purpose of the promise.

Jacob not ELECT? The word Love is in the indicative VERB. The same EXACT way it is used in the same context in Chapt 8. Those God "foreKNEW". It is not a NOUN of God seeing into the future but is showing He chose to enter into a RELATIONSHIP with those He foreLOVED.... And those he foreloved he PREDESTINED AND THOSE HE PREDESTINED HE CALLED AND THOSE HE CALLED HE JUSTIFIED AND GLORIFIED.

The LOVE of Jacob IS exegetically consistent with chapt 8. He "chose" Jacob and not Esau. This is the very definition of election.

15. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Now church history over-rides the very Word of God!! :rolleyes:

John Calvin was a rebel to the Catholic Church, one of her children.

I am an Independent Bible Believing Baptist that solely relies on the clear teachings of the Bible relying upon the Spirit of God to pguide me into all truth and to expose heresy as it is taught by men and their doctrines.

You can believe anything you want, but when confronted with the Truth you are faced with the choice. (something of which you calvinists CHOOSE not to concur, "choosing of your own freewill.) :rolleyes:

16. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Romans 9:11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad - in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of his call -

3 As it is written, " Jacob I loved , but Esau I hated."

Do you not understand the PRINCIPLE of Paul's whole argument? God LOVED Jacob BEFORE he was born... This is the essence and purpose of the promise.

Jacob not ELECT? The word Love is in the indicative VERB. The same EXACT way it is used in the same context in Chapt 8. Those God "foreKNEW". It is not a NOUN of God seeing into the future but is showing He chose to enter into a RELATIONSHIP with those He foreLOVED.... And those he foreloved he PREDESTINED AND THOSE HE PREDESTINED HE CALLED AND THOSE HE CALLED HE JUSTIFIED AND GLORIFIED.

The LOVE of Jacob IS exegetically consistent with chapt 8. He "chose" Jacob and not Esau. This is the very definition of election.
    </font>[/QUOTE]And jacob is still never referred to as "elect".

You define election as you please, I will stay with God's definition: "Elect and precious", not "elect and still dead in tresspasses and sins" :D [​IMG]

17. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

FYI, I wasn't specificly talking about Calvin, and your post suggested that Calvinists just dry up and blow away. Historically this simply is not the case.

18. rc

rc New Member

My definition came from the CONTEXT of the topic! The election was BEFORE the birth. This is stated IN THE TEXT! You decided to whither and dry up and run from the debated text not I.

Exegete and let the text say what is implied. Don't run from it. WHY was Jacob loved? So the PURPOSE of ELECTION might STAND! The very reason Paul used Jacob was an example of what was being defined which was the purpose of ELECTION! It is inherent IN THE TEXT.

19. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Salamander.
    Romans 9:11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad--in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls--she was told, "The older will serve the younger." 13 Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

The passage above clearly says that in order that God's purpose might stand: What purpose? The purpose of election. Jacob God loved and Esau God hated. Why? To show us that it is nothing we do that causes us to be in Heaven or in Hell but God's choice.

Why do you not believe that Jacob is elect of God and Esau was not elect of God? It's explicit in the text.

john.

20. Salamander

Salamander New Member

God's purpose of election is that those who He changes become the very elect. And by your assumption, Esau thus lost his "election"/ birthritght, due to his sowing to the flesh.

So? You introduce that one can lose his salvation by trying to build doctrine without full comprehension and also introduce disharmony to the Scripture.

OH! The dangers of Calvinism, again!!