1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Epiphany

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    David, I was just having a bit of fun at your expense. See, I have family on dads side that are British (mostly Welsh) & on mom's side from Rome & Naples....so there was always 2 different ways of doing things & two very different types of people. for Italians, everything was revelry & exuberance & rather loud exchanges full of passion & emotion. Dads side was always lower key & straight away. I guess I was commenting (more to myself) on those differences in temperament.

Straight up though, we did have a wonderful feast at home on Epiphany & any time set aside to be with family & friends was always prised.Yes it was the end of the Christmas season but then it was also another God encounter story once again highlighting why the Word became flesh.

At one time in the RCC, Epiphany was used as a momentary picture of the mystery of God's incarnation. It warned us ahead of time that it would lead to Good Friday, but also Easter, Pentecost and multitudinous feasts. We were being prepared, forewarned & called forth to experience!

It was both authentic & spiritual. Still another opportunity to teach us that God thru Christ experienced what we on earth experience. What we celebrated at Epiphany is that God was a child, human, vulnerable , in poverty etc. Here God is no longer dangerous, threating or brandishing punishments, but, believe it or not, a helpless baby. Quite honestly, an Epiphany (to most humans) & a complete blessing to a fallen sinful race. I still relish that!

2. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

Nice post. Thank you for sharing.

...Bob

3. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

"O God, who by the leading of a star didst manifest Thy only-begotten Son to the Gentiles; mercifully grant that we, who know Thee now by faith, may after this life have the fruition of Thy glorious Godhead; through the same Thy Son Jesus Christ hour Lord. Amen."

HAPPY EPIPHANY, everyone! :wavey:

4. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

That's fine by me. Glad to have cheered you up! :laugh: