1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episcopal Priest: "I am both Muslim and Christian"

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by MrJim, Jun 21, 2007.

1. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Link

No matter the problems amongst baptists things are definitely much worse elsewhere...

"Redding, who will begin teaching the New Testament as a visiting assistant professor at Seattle University this fall, has a different analogy: "I am both Muslim and Christian, just like I'm both an American of African descent and a woman. I'm 100 percent both."

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

3. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

[from the article]:
    question: How can someone be both a Christian and a Muslim?​
    I’m addressing this question from the article. Shouldn’t the article claim that the Episcopal Rev. is practicing both ‘Christianity’ and ‘Islam’?

Just b/c one is ‘Muslim’ doesn’t mean they can’t be Christian. I used to work with a Muslim who was a Christian, he was from Iraq and he didn’t practice Islam, but attended a Methodist Church, but he still considered himself a Muslim.
    -

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Your work colleague might consider himself to be both, the same way this "reverend" think she's both. They can think it all they like, but they are in error if they do so.

A "practicing" Christian is one who's authority is the word of God, which says things like...

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6

Now one can scratch out Jesus and replace it with Mohammed or the Pope and then you might be able to call them Christian but then you can't really because that would be Mohammedism or Popery. Christianity is not some fence-sitting,ecumenical blasphemy that says things like one can be a Muslim and a Christian or one can be Popish and a Christian. They are irreconcilable positions according to the Bible.

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:" - Matthew 7:13

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

A "muslim christian" is neither a muslim or christian.

That church is a total mess :tear:

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

bet muslims would be upset hearing that too.

7. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

She wanted to be both a Christian and a Muslim, but she's neither one!