1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ergun Caner controversy

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I would be happy to if this wasn't so sad.

http://www.fakeexmuslims.com/issueergunsshahada.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elIWYwbp7TM&feature=related

This is the shahada, the phrase repeated 17 times in the five prayers a day by devout Muslims.

ašhadu ʾanna laa ilāha illa Allāh, wa ʾašhadu ʾanna Muḥammadan rasūlo Allāh

Ergun did not recite this phrase. Instead he recited the first two lines of the Quran. Sad. He is woefully ignorant. It would be like me stating that John 3:16 is the gospel in a nut shell, and then reciting, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Christians would immediately know that I am a fraud.

#181 Paul33, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is not Iranian or Iraqi or any of THOSE countries...He is Turkish, right? The sects are different there. I wouldn't say someone was not a devout Christian just because they don't know about all the other denominations.
    He was an EXCELLENT teacher for World Views...the best.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what is Caners explanation? You don't know. Neither is it your place to come to a conclusion about this. But the blood is in the water and the sharks are in a frenzy to the point that they look to those who are filled with hate over Caner to obtain their slander. Begs the question your motivation as well.

#183 Revmitchell, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We closed this thread a while ago. And before we slander someone further (agreeing or not with the present situation) we should try closing it again!!

Fellow Moderators - if you feel the need to reopen a closed thread, let me know. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.