1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Eric Garner’s daughter posts address of cop at his death

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Dec 26, 2014.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You repeat this mantra but let's see the facts:

The police did not go to kill this Eric Garner. They went to arrest him. He resisted arrest and due to the actions of the police and the health of this man (had this man been healthy and cooperated, he would be alive), he is dead. But they did not aim to kill him.

The other man was "unarmed" but was trying to get the cop's gun. He was initially shot inside the police cruiser as he fought with the cop to get the gun. He was not innocent and while he did not have an external weapon, he had his own body that he was going to use to attack this police officer. He had already done so and was coming back for more. If a bear is coming at you, do you not shoot him because he's unarmed? No.

There was no prejudice. Both of these deaths were initiated by the victim.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You repeat this mantra. But Eric Garner was alive and fine before the cops choked him.

It's sadly hilarious that some of you can already assess blame to a young lady for something that might potentially happen of which her hands play no part. But you refuse to hold the police who choked a man in any way responsible for his death. Go figure.

Yes, due to the actions of the police, he is dead. They killed him.:thumbsup:

There wasn't a bear coming at him. There's that racially charged language where white people make black people out to be like big, scary animals. Embarrassing.

Both of these deaths were initiated by the police. With "Get the F*** out the road" and by harassing someone not committing a crime. And in order to be a victim, you have to be victimized.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Guess what? He was alive after they choked him too.

Because words and actions have consequences. I guess dad never taught daughter this because dad didn't understand it either.

As did his heart condition, asthma and weight. He also killed himself.

Hmm - I call my daughter's boyfriend a bear too. They are almost as big as one!

Both of these deaths were initiated by criminals doing criminal activity. "Harassing someone not committing a crime" is a lie. Clear and simple. Why do you spread lies? The kid in Ferguson had just robbed a store and assaulted the owner. He then reached into a police cruiser and assaulted a police officer. I'd say that is not quite "not committing a crime". Nor was Garner innocent with him in the process of selling illegal cigarettes - the very thing that had him arrested 9 times before. He then resisted arrest.

You claim them to be innocent. They are from from that.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The crime had already been committed----I guess what you are saying is----the only "window of opportunity" the deputies/police have in making an arrest is when the crime is actually "going down"---that once the crime has "gone down" ---- suspects cannot be apprehended and if they are apprehended "after the fact" of the crime----its called victimization??????

:type::type:

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Apparently.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are as bad as Sharpton and the other Hate-Whitey types.

#26 Rolfe, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Guess what? He's dead now because the police choked him.

I guess neither the academy or their parents taught the police that actions have consequences. And a consequence of choking someone is that they might die.

He was living just fine until a police officer choked him and helped him die. Same thing as abortion and assisted suicide.

Sure. And Mike Brown looked like the Hulk and a demon. All part of the systemic racism and racial prejudice that white people don't like to acknowledge.

Bit of these deaths were initiated by cops treating people in a manner that they didn't have to.

Why do you continue to spread lies? If he was breaking the law, where were the cigarettes he was supposedly selling to break the law? There was no crime being committed. That's just the narrative the right wants to tell to justify the police doing what they did.

According to the police chief, the officer knew nothing about that. So either the chief is a liar, or officer Wilson is. ANd perhaps there wouldn't have even been an incident if the officer had treated them with some common decency. But he was just a black animal who got what he deserved according to some of you.
    That was a reference to Garner.

And you keep telling that same lie. The man was not selling cigarettes before they came up to him. He had just broken up a fight. So if they saw him selling cigarettes before the fight, why did they wait to accost him after the fight?

You read what you want to read. I didn't claim anyone to be innocent.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're always guessing. I can say what I intend to say. If there was a crime being committed they didn't do their jobs TWICE. They didn't do it when he was selling the cigarettes if he was. And they didn't do their jobs to break up the fight.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When is it ever right to do something wrong?

What part of posting the officer's information was "right"? Well, guess what: Zaac never said it was right; he said he's giving it a free pass.

Free pass? A "free pass" encourages further such behavior. If it's not the right thing to do, it doesn't get a "free pass." Saying you understand, is perfectly acceptable; but giving a "free pass" implies condoning.

Is the officer's information publicly available? Yes. So why is she the one making sure everyone knows what that information is?

Zaac's making excuses for the young lady. I feel for her; but her loss and sorrow doesn't excuse poor behavior.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So that would make you as bad as Hannity and Limbaugh and the other hate Blackey types?

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Thank you.

It doesn't condone it in any manner. I'm just saying that given the circumstances, I can understand her doing some stupid stuff just as I could understand Justin or Jaden Ramos saying or doing some stupid stuff right now.

Her father was killed. It's still raw considering the grand jury's decision. I'm giving her a pass on this one. But she needs to stay off Facebook and Twitter for a while.

Why not? Anyone else could have. Her father was killed and the grand jury didn't indict. She's striking out. I'm giving her a pass. Like you said, I didn't say it was right and the family lawyer has already responded on her behalf. But she gets a degree of latitude right now.
    Nope. I didn't make an excuse for her. I said I'm giving her a pass. She did what she did.

#31 Zaac, Dec 27, 2014
  12. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Al Sharpton don't need facts neather does his followers like Zaac.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

These deaths were initiated by criminals breaking the law.

Interesting. Because Eric Garner's wife disagrees with you.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ays-husband-was-targeted-illegally-/?page=all

Hmm - so an officer being disrespectful is reason for a man who just robbed a store to reach into the police car and attempt to take a gun away from an officer, getting shot INSIDE the car and leaving his blood evidence there? Interesting. From that point on, he was not a jaywalker nor was he a robber. He was instead a threat to the safety of the public. Should the officer have driven away at that point? What do you think would have been the logical next step as a police officer, since you seem to know what should have been done.

Again - the man's own wife will disagree with you as per the link above.

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Cite my words that would support what you imply.

To my limited knowledge (I watch/listen to neither.), though both have been accused of hating blacks, there have been no substantive quotes (like, "The blood feud has already been justified." -Zaac) encouraging violence attributed to either Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh. If I am wrong, please furnish them.

Shame on you for advocating violence motivated by hatred.

I said it before, and I will repeat it, You are as bad as Al Sharpton and the other Hate-Whitey people.

#34 Rolfe, Dec 27, 2014
  15. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Yep,out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The Klan doesn't need any facts and neither does its follower Jedi Knight.

17. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

The Klan,Sharpton and you are racist.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

They were initiated by police officers being rude.

Interesting. That shows that some of you have a reading and listening problem as she didn't say anything about him breaking the law THAT day. So keep spreading that lie that he was breaking the law when you've got no proof of that.

You don't know the details of why he stuck his hand in the car. The only person who really knows is the man who killed him and either he's a liar or his chief is. That by itself is probable cause for an indictment.

You're stretching to your version of the truth now. The public wasn't running to get away from him. The public didn't have issues with Mike Brown. They did with the police.

What do you think the legal next step should have been since you're so gung ho on the police shooting people?

Again, you keep stating that lie and apparently not reading what she said. At no point did she say he was selling cigarettes that day.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You think I'm as bad as Sharpton because you think he's a got a hate-whitey complex just because he's calling for justice for the killing of unarmed black men. To go against that shows that you support the same things that Hannity and Limbaugh do for apparently the same reasons.

So if you can jump to me being as bad as Sharpton and the other hate Whitey types based off of what you think I've said, then I can certainly do you the favor of claiming you to be as bad as Hannity and Limbaugh and the other hate Blackey types.

encouraging violence attributed to either Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh. If I am wrong, please furnish them.[/quote]

Furnish what? Proof that Hannity and Limbaugh keep white people just as stirred up about race as does Sharpton? Man all you have to do is spend a little time reading the comments on any story listed on FOX. All you have to do is listen to folks on this board

Man please. You can save your lie and stop trying to attribute it to me. Some of the other dummies might let you tag them with something they didn't say. But I'm not one of those dummies.:laugh:
    And I said it before, you are as bad as Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh and the other Hate-Blackey people. SO we're right back where we were before.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If I'm a racist, then you and everyone else on this board are too. That would explain all of the racially prejudiced and racist comments that the lot of you make.