1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Eschatology? (Attempt 2)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jordan Kurecki, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will check and get back to you. In any event, Kyred knows who I am referring to.

Checked....Andrew.

#81 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Gillite-Fullerite feud is at it's roots, purely 'Particular Baptist', which is exactly what Primitive Baptists are:

Fullerism

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    George Ella! He's something else. I have been following him for years --I don't buy everything he's selling --but he is certainly informative and quite interesting. One has to cross-reference him with others though to arrive at accuracy. I have a few of his books on John Gill and James Hervey --excellent. I will eventually get his treatment of Toplady. I used to get New Focus mag. Ella has some lectures on Sermonaudio.com. I just listened to a few a week or so ago.

I guess you're familiar with Don Fortner too. He's a good preacher --and hymn writer.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I GOT THAT.....will tell you privately my concerns (safe from the OCD crowd).

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kyread, do you like reading the works of Abraham Booth (1734-1806)? Before I decided on the handle of Rippon, I was considering using his name. However I didn't want any cracks about John Wilkes B.

I appreciate his work:The Reign of Grace. Booth was against Fuller -- I first learned that from GME.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you see any evidence that this "Fullerism" movement is still active?

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may be disappointed to know that I'm not much of a theological book worm, although I do have a substantial library (much of the old synergist stuff is stored away in boxes in the basement) that nowadays I use to reference what 'they have to say' on a particular topic. Pink is probably the most extra biblical stuff I've read, but I do however love the internet! Thank God for all those wonderful single reading essays out there that can provide instant enlightenment.

I do love Ella, his writings are deep and causes me to think in areas I normally wouldn't have. He has a solid reader base among PB writers and preachers, which is where I came to be acquainted with his writings. The others I'm not familiar with, yet. :)

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO, modern day Calvinists are on the whole, Fullerites.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I gathered that as well.

11. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post-trib based on 1 Thess 4:16-5:11; Matt 24; Rev 11 (to name a few). Although I’m not completely opposed to the pre-wrath view (I guess it would be a close 2nd). More importantly I find the demonology in Rev 9-13 fascinating. Although I don’t see Jesus saying about the “days of Noah” (Matt 24; Lk 17) or even the strange saying “the seed of men” in the Aramaic of Dan 2:43 to allow a contextual connection; I do believe in order to understand Rev 9, one must first recognize 2 Pet 2:4 & Jude 6’s connection to Gen 6. Though I won’t go as far as a new kind of sexual sin; I will say if these are the same fallen angels unleashed from the pre-flood world—the unsaved in the tribulation have no idea about the torment they are in for.

12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Exactly- and thanks for the useful quotes from Darby.

I believe Dispensational Premil is one of the greatest hindrances to the spirit of taking the world for Christ in the world today.

Which label best fits you?

Would you consider yourself to be optimistic amil?

13. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Good heavens, yes!

Christianity is not completely bound under one head called the Pope.

A Christian Crusade to invade, slaughter and conquer in Christ's name seems very unlikely today.

The Gospel is being preached on every continent- nearly in every country on earth!

We have a long way to go, but we've come a long way.

Another thousand years with this pace of progress could very easily make life on earth a utopian experience with most of the world being Christians. There is every reason to think that in another thousand years hunger and most diseases would be wiped off the face of the earth.

Most people who fail to see the good things going on in the world today look at history in way too small chunks. They think about things being "better" when they were children. That perspective fails miserably to view history in millenniums- which are certainly better pictures of human history and progress than an individual's lifetime.