1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ESV Bible Software

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by TomVols, Jan 19, 2002.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Does anyone know how you can change the default Bible verion from KJV to ESV on ZIPSCRIPT on the ESV Bible software that comes with the purchase of an ESV Bible?

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomVols:
    Does anyone know how you can change the default Bible verion from KJV to ESV on ZIPSCRIPT on the ESV Bible software that comes with the purchase of an ESV Bible?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom:

Go to OPTIONS, BIBLES, and then move the version you want to default to first from CURRENT to NEW. Click OK. That should work.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Didn't work friend! Have I mentioned that I hate this CD-Rom?

Dear Crossway, please make a deal with ONLINE BIBLE or Logos.

4. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Then don't use it! [​IMG] Yeah, it is annoying, but I have found it to come in useful when posting scripture references on the internet.

UNP
    Adam

5. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomVols:
    Didn't work friend! Have I mentioned that I hate this CD-Rom?

Dear Crossway, please make a deal with ONLINE BIBLE or Logos.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom:

The following is from the HELP menu. Its the best I can do, bro.

Bible Options (Dialog Box)

To Access: Pull down the Options menu and click Bibles.

In the Bible Options dialog box you can specify the order of the Bible version buttons on the bookshelf and how many versions are shown in Ref Lists when they are first opened.

In the Order of Bibles box, the Current list shows the Bible versions installed on your system in the order they are now shown on the bookshelf. To change the order select each version and click the » button in the order you want them shown. When you click the » button, WORDsearch moves the selected version to the New list.

In the New Ref Lists box, indicate the number of versions WORDsearch should when it opens a new Ref List on the desktop. You can, of course add a version to any Ref List displayed at any time by clicking its bookshelf button. Remove a version from a Ref List window by clicking the Close button on its title bar.

To reset all the settings on this dialog box to the defaults, click Restore Defaults.

When these are set the way you want them, click OK. The changes take effect the next time you start WORDsearch.

(c) Copyright 1996-99, iExalt, Inc.

If that doesn't work Tom, trying unistalling and reinstalling the program.

;)

6. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Just leave the default KJV. :D

7. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Cute hehe

I happen to like the software because it does exactly what it says it will do. It allows you to compare the ESV and KJV side by side no more no less. It is a bargain since it comes free with the Bible---which is more than you can say for most Bibles including the KJV (Thomas maybe you need to start printing a KJV with an included CD ROM) I would even help you with the software. But, what would we compare it to, the Bishop's Bible? :D

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well Phillip, do YOU know how to change the default on ZipScript? Throw down, then :D

9. Searcher

Searcher New Member

I just got the bible in the mail today. When I go home tonight I will play with the ZipScript thingy. If I figure it out I will post pronto.

Searcher.

;)

10. Searcher

Searcher New Member

Zipscript does not appear to be getting the dropdownlist from any other file, which means that it is not likely that you will be able to change the default KJV. I also checked the registry, no luck there. Sorry.

Searcher.

11. Searcher

Searcher New Member

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Thank you very much, Searcher.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The ESV homepage reports that ESV is available now in BibleWorks 5 and Logos. Still, I want it for ONLINE Bible!