1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternal Consequences

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by kyredneck, May 31, 2011.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allan said:
    "Their distinction is that since God changes their nature and thus changes their desire and gives them 'saving' faith, that when a man believes unto eternal life... that belief is the act of God manifesting itself - YET - it is mans decision."

Only the living are able to make a choice. Dead men can do nothing.

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

So then you agree that NO PERSON can have eternal life who has not placed their faith in Christ Jesus? (I am not speaking of children, babies, and infirm of mind)

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

"Dead" in the way you have purported it, is different than when making reference to the soul. A "dead" soul is merely a seperation from God due to sin, and not "dead" in the same way a corpse is. A "dead" corpse can do nothing because the soul has been seperated from the body. The soul is "dead" because it is seperated from God. In this "dead" state, it still is functional, because it is what keeps our physical body alive. So, yes the soul can, and does hear, but it must hear from God, and not man. That is why when God draws, He draws the "inner man" only.

i am I AM's!!

Willis

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes thats correct.... however Kyred knows I know that. In any event, I remain firmly in the PB Camp.