1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternal Life a Promise to God's Elect !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 3, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Titus 1:1-2

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

The Elect only are the ones who have a promise and claim to Eternal Life, always having it in Christ their Eternal Head and Surety. The Elect of God have existed from Everlasting, no not in their own individual persons as created in Adam, and afterward born of the flesh, but they did so legally and representatively as the Chosen Seed or Generation in Christ, whom was set up in His Legal Capacity as their Surety & Mediator from Everlasting Prov 8:22-23,31

22The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

31Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Mic 5:2

2But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

And from this Eternal Union [Being in Christ], Mercy was contracted from Everlasting to Everlasting Ps 103:17

17But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

In Recovering these Chosen Ones from the ruinous effects of their transgression in Adam, their portion of everlasting Life is communicated to each of them by their personal and individual quickening in Time ! Thats why Jesus said, those Believing on Him, hath everlasting or Eternal Life Jn 6:47.

Everyone Christ died for, as proof of their being of that elect seed, chosen in Him from everlasting, they receive by His Resurrection from the Dead, a New Birth 1 Pet 1:3, which is also that quickening by the Spirit, and the communication to them of that Eternal Life they ever had in Christ, their Everlasting Head, and Everyone Believing in Him by that Means, has Everlasting Life ! Notice that the New Birth they receive in 1 Pet 1:3 is according to His Abundant Mercy, which Mercy springs from the Everlasting Covenant alluded to in Ps 103:17 and it is in accordance with that Same Covenant Mercy, He saved them by Regeneration Titus 3:5

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;