1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Eternal life" - what Calvinists don't want you to know

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I apologize for the entire House of Calvin. We do not know the mind of God, ergo we cannot tell you who the elect are.</font>[/QUOTE]You admit that you have no way of knowing who the elect are?

It is simply amazing then that you assume you are among the elect! You have nothing to base that assumption on, so you blindly accept someone else's understanding which is itself based on no factual evidence! Amazing! The blind leading the blind!

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I will never stand before the Great White Throne, but will instead pass from Death into Everlasting life with Jesus MY SAVIOR! So you should ask someone who lacks faith what God's answer to your question may be. I can only surmise that God will laugh at the person's stupidity for thinking that an attribute of God saves, when God's word says it is our faith that God looks for when it is time to save!

3. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep!

I recieved "Faith" after being saved, it is carrying me unto salvation.

Guess I will have to wait until the first death to see if I survive the second! [​IMG]

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Not me! I know beyond doubt that I will not stand before the Great white throne!

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.
    I personally find it amazing that I am among the elect. :cool:

johnp.

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I find it amazing that if you are among the elect that you don't know more about the image of God that we humans are made in! I find it amazing that you refuse to acknowledge the truth!

7. here now

here now Member

Wes,
    It sounds like you think that you are one of the Elect.

8. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.
    What, that the saints are being transformed into the image of Christ? 2 Cor 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
    Why tranform our image into God if we are already in His image is a thing I'd like an answer to. After all, "GE 5:3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth." The scripture is quite clear about the fact that man is made in the image and after the likeness of Adam.
    It's a strange sentence.
    I must echo 'here now', "It sounds like you think that you are one of the Elect."
    And:
    Is that confidence in man Wes? Believe in yourself do you?
    And are you saying you will not be among the elect?
    REV 7:9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:
    "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." :cool: Praise the Lord!
    That throne is it Wes? :cool:
    I know beyond doubt that I will not stand before the Great white throne!

johnp.

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Wes,
    It sounds like you think that you are one of the Elect.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I believe in Jesus! Whether or not that makes me an elect, I cannot say. However it does provide me with Salvation from Judgement and or condemnation! It enables me to pass from death into eternal life. Jesus tells in in John 3:18 that those who believe in Him are not judged! If I believe his word about him being the Son of God, and that "I and the father are one", and I do; I have no choice but to accept that as a believer I am not judged! Thus no judgement by God the Father! May his name ever be on my lips!