1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Craigbythesea, May 29, 2005.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Hi Shannon,

Welcome to the Baptist Board! [​IMG]

I pray that we will be a blessing to you, and that you will continue to be a blessing to us. I enjoyed reading your post and I thank you for taking the time to post it. I am not sure, however, that I would say that being a Calvinist is within the "pail of orthodoxy" for I believe that is stretching the truth just a bit too far. Calvin was severely in error on five major points of doctrine and introduced more confusion into the church than any other man who has ever lived.

Acts Chapter 8 is the antithesis of house to house evangelism. Philip behaved himself perfectly just as all Christians should. He listened to and obeyed the Holy Spirit and ran up to the chariot. And, as you pointed out, he did not presume to climb aboard the chariot until he was explicitly invited to do so. He obeyed the voice of God coming to him through the Holy Spirit and the outcome was the glorious salvation of a precious soul. This passage in the Holy Scriptures is a perfect example from God Himself of how Christians are to walk in the Spirit and allow God to use them to bring others into His kingdom.

[​IMG]