1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ethnic Baptist Groups in the US

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by rlvaughn, Nov 15, 2001.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Taufer, thanks for getting this information. It looks as if the two Florida groups should be deleted for my list of ethnic Baptist bodies. Do you know if the information on the Oklahoma group is basically correct?

2. Nat'l Baptist Guy

Nat'l Baptist Guy New Member

I just wanted to respond with info on Lott Carey. Lott Carey is a convention made up of Americans with the sole mission of Foreign Missions. The convention is comprised of NBC USA, NBC America, Progressive NBC, N Missionary BC churches. It is not a convention as we think of it, such as NBC or SBC. It is merely an organization that does foreign missions. One would never say that they are a Lott Carey church, as they would say they are an SBC or an NBC. I hope this helps. Oh, they are not of any "ethnic" group, other than the mainstream Black Baptist Church.