1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Europe forsakes Christianity for Islam

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Ps104_33, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GReat link!

As in the case of Russia - the battle is Christianity's to lose!

First had to come the abuse and corruption of Christianity in Russia THEN in that spiritual void - Communism stepped in.

In Europe Christianity is first willingly destroying itself THEN in that vacuum Islam Atheism etc has free reign.

In the U.S the SAME forces that have brought that about in Europe are trying to accomplish that end here. They will not be so successful here - but it is "instructive" that the majority of Christians are still unninformed and innactive.

There WILL be a transition in the U.S but not to Islam and not to Atheism.

In Christ,

Bob

3. billwald

billwald New Member

London Bridge is in Arizona

I suspect that Christianity is popular in America because it has morphed into a system for getting stuff from God.

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

The harlot on the beast. The Catholic church (which controls even secular Europe to a large extent) and Islam, who formed an alliance a while back. Between these two, they control nearly half the world. A one-world government.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree that there is the Copeland style groups popping up following the abberation he made popular and that group is growing within Christiandom - but I don't see it as the dominant form.

In Christ,

Bob

6. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Oh really? Have you watched T.V. preachers on Sunday mornings or those hacks on TBN? Orthodoxy is in the minority in the mainstream.

7. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

The most celebrated "preachers" and "evangelists" on TBN and Daystar and similar offerings are those who are telling folks that they can get stuff from God -- instead of saying "Jesus, lead on .. I'll follow." The tragedy is that these TV and radio outlets are spreading "the good news" all across the world. Daystar is right now trumpeting its access to Israeli TV. What are they presenting? Folks jumping around on the platform making strange noises, babbling, holy laughter, slaying folks in the spirit, exercising their faith, promising freedom from financial obligations, financial windfalls, healings ... you name it, you claim it, words of knowledge....... Good Lord! No wonder that the rest of the world thinks that Christians have a loose screw! I weep for those in the old Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact who, suddenly released from the prison of Communism, found themselves overun with the name it and claim it crowd, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, SDAs, Moonies, Christian Science ....... Can you imagine the response of a Russian when he or she was told the Garden of Eden was in Missouri? Remember the weight lifters that TBN sent over? Then the "prophets" like Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Charles Capps, a long list of black evangelists who are tuned in to the Copeland doctrine, tongue talkers spouting "send in your money, we'll send you this key chain" ......... all muddying the waters of the price Jesus paid and the simple, straight-forward plan of salvation. I don't doubt that the folks at TBN and Daystar are of the Christian faith. Neither do I doubt that they are incredibly confused about the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
    :praying: <---without ceasing......

#7 DQuixote, Apr 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  8. bound

bound New Member

I think once we separated Justification from Sanctification and then made Sanctification largely an unnecessary objective in this life... we set the stage for the growth of liberal Christianity and the eventual rise of Atheism and Secularism.

We all know that liberal Christianity is ultimately no Christianity at all and Grace without Works is dead so the rise of Atheism and Secularism was inevitable. We allowed it to happen because we were seduced by our spiritual sense of justification and our own worldly success.

The "Me Generation" put itself before anything else and in fact established a higher standard of living at the expense of our own children. I don't believe Christ would even recognize Christians in our modern age. We have reinvented Christ in every generation to fit the kind of spiritual leader or social activist our culture desired.

I, for one, am not surprised we find ourselves facing God's wrath when most Christians don't even believe in a wrathful God... Our God is so accepting, forgiving, tolerant that we have allowed every moral compass to fall so far from any Godly standard I'm surprised God's patience has lasted as long as it has.

"Real" Christians should be in the streets on their knees praying to God for forgiveness and start living by the Godly Standards set forth in the Bible and maybe we'd actually serve as an example that Muslims, Atheists and Secularists might actually find compelling.

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I once read Chick Publications; they say Islam is the creation of Roman Catholicism. I somehow believe it. RC is the mother of all the harlots. I have a collective name for the lot: neo-humanism. Idolatry most certainly is taking over fast.
    Few are chosen; God knows who are His, is one's only consolation. Proclaim, pray and live, Christ only, Grace only, Faith only, the Scriptures only, and God will triumph, even if by Jesus' soon return.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Once the majority loves it, it's false!

11. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

Please tell us you're not really that ignorant of history...

See class...a prime example of someone being told what to think...this is truely sad...the day when Chick is the final authority...

-