1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evaluating the Rules of "Best" Text

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 4, 2004.

1. natters

natters New Member

Askjo said "WOW! You do not believe that? You do not believe God preserved His Words of Psalm 12:6-7, John 3:16 and Genesis 1:1. Shame on YOU!"

Read more carefully. That's not what I said. You are bearing false witness about what I believe.

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

That is misleading! I am sure he understands. I understand, too. If you use 18 different versions,

1. which one is MOST accurate translation?

2. Are they different? If so, God-differently speakings? Which different one is true?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Please Askjo - if "prove all things, hold fast to that which is good" does not mean to "prove all things,"- what does it mean?

4. natters

natters New Member

Askjo said "That is misleading! I am sure he understands. I understand, too."

No, apparently neither of you do. I don't use multiple versions to find one that says what I want it to say. Instead, I use multiple versions because, as the KJV translators said, "variety of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures".

Askjo said "1. which one is MOST accurate translation?"

I don't know, nor does it matter. The study is what helps me grow in the Lord, not having a perfect Bible on my shelf.

Askjo said "2. Are they different?"

In words, but not in meaning if interpreted correctly.

Askjo said "If so, God-differently speakings?"

God-samely speakings, men translatingly manuscripts producingly them speakings crossly history. Some-differently interpretations making appear of differently speakings, but actually only badly-understandingly.

Askjo said "Which different one is true?"

They all are, if interpreted correctly.

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

1. Which of the many King James versions is the most accurate?

If you say 1611, then you are probably quoting from the wrong one. If not then the 1879 is the most accurate, leaving the others as less accurate.

2. Which is the most accurate the Geneva, or the King James?

If you say King James, then that shoots the theory down that the King James comes from a history of good Bibles.

3. How about the Vulgate?

Was it not used in the King James to fill in areas not covered by original manuscripts?

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Askjo said "1. which one is MOST accurate translation?"
    PastorGreg said "Use 18 different versions because you have to find one that says what you want it to say."
    You contradict yourself with your answers. That is obvious you do not understand.
    Geneva or KJV? Which do most pastors use today?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Geneva or KJV? Which do most pastors use today? </font>[/QUOTE]KJV or NIV? Which do most pastors use today?

8. natters

natters New Member

Askjo said "You contradict yourself with your answers. That is obvious you do not understand."

No, it is obvious YOU do not understand. PastorGreg said we use multiple versions "to find one that says what I want it to say". This is not why I use multiple versions. Do you have multiple clocks in your house because when you want it to be 3:00, you can look around at different clocks until you find one that says it's 3:00?

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

no, you have multiple clocks in your house, so when your late you can say 'well the clock in my kitchen must be slow.' I'm pretty sure that God knows what time it is.

10. natters

natters New Member

Exactly - that's why PastorGreg and Askjo are wrong about why we have/use multiple versions.

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

So if God said He would preserve His clock, would we expect it to be accurate within a couple of minutes?

12. natters

natters New Member

James Newman said "So if God said He would preserve His clock, would we expect it to be accurate within a couple of minutes?"

Isn't this what you believe happened in 1610? How God fulfilled preservation before 1611 is how he fulfilled it after 1611, or God was lying for almost 1600 years.

13. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Geneva or KJV? Which do most pastors use today? </font>[/QUOTE]KJV or NIV? Which do most pastors use today? </font>[/QUOTE]NIV or Geneva? Which do most pastors use today?

14. natters

natters New Member

Chevy or Ford? Which do most pastors use today?

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Does popularity make it right? That seemed to be your contention.

and BTW - you still haven't shown me how "prove all things" does not mean "prove all things."

16. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Are Chevy and Ford the Words of God?

17. natters

natters New Member

Askjo said "Are Chevy and Ford the Words of God?"

No. But my question has just as much relevance as yours. [​IMG]

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

No wonder you don't beleive in logic askjo :( .

19. David J

David J New Member

He can't answer simply because his KJVOism would crumble. So he spins and answers questions with questions.

I would laugh in his face if he actually used his methods here to try and convince me that KJVOism is right. Sorry Askjo but I research data [​IMG] Blanket statements without evidence is nothing but hot air.

Thank you

20. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Why would God be lying if there was not a perfectly preserved bible recognized and readily accessible in 1610?