1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelical Republicanism:Exalting politics over Christ

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Jul 19, 2005.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Even if Washington acted unconstitutionally, it wouldn't give all future presidents the right to ignore the Constitution, just like unconstitutional court descisions shouldn't set precedent for future disregard for the Constitution.

The wonderfull thing about having opinions is that we have the right to respectfully agree to disagree, I can't think of one single person that I agree 100% about everything with, including both Peroutka and Kyle Williams. ;)

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I imagine that Peroutka was talking about something like what happened in Viet Nam. I am glad that we all admit that the CP has declared the war illegal and that Peroutka has called it a hole that we should immediately withdraw from.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I will not only admit it, but agree with it! [​IMG]

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We already totally defeated the Iraqi military machine. What's going on now are acts of terrorism which will still be going on whenever we leave Iraq and will be up to the new Iraqi government to deal with on an ongoing basis. Hopefully, the level of violence will be lower than it currently is by the time we leave.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even if Washington acted unconstitutionally, it wouldn't give all future presidents the right to ignore the Constitution, just like unconstitutional court descisions shouldn't set precedent for future disregard for the Constitution.

The wonderfull thing about having opinions is that we have the right to respectfully agree to disagree, I can't think of one single person that I agree 100% about everything with, including both Peroutka and Kyle Williams. ;)
    </font>[/QUOTE]I was wondering if the CP was going to accuse George Washington of acting unconstitutionally. Frankly, without a scorecard, I wouldn't know if that was far left field or far right field. What about Jefferson's war with the Islamic pirates of Barbary?