1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelism ywam

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by steveo, Jan 26, 2008.

1. steveo

steveo New Member

Is anybody familiar with ywam and impact world tour?
    It is an evangelism event for youth and they are coming to Ohio this summer and they are trying to get churchs involved.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YWAM is very broad in who they accept and is basically charismatic in nature from what I know.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's been a few years since this, but I once talked to a YWAM missionary in Yokohama about their Charismatic bent. He told me that the mission board was not Charismatic per se, but "tongues" and "healing" were common themes to the missionaries. He told about a YWAM sponsored healing meeting in Scandinavia, I believe it was. So I would think Baptists would want to be quite cautious about this group.

This evaluation is borne out on the blog of a co-director of a YWAM center, who writes: "As a mission, YWAM is largely an evangelical organization with charismatic leanings, and a heritage in the holiness tradition. This is part of our heritage, our DNA, and for the most part, it will never change. Nor should it. Too often, though, this value has come to mean that all denominations are welcome, as long as they don't mind doing things 'our' way- meaning evangelical/charismatic/holiness tradition."
    Link: http://youthwithamission.blog.com/

4. steveo

steveo New Member

Thanks for the input. Its kinda of what I thought but just wanted to make sure. Reaching kids for Christ is a good thing but all the different churchs involved is a problem because they are going to have kids from all the different churchs teach at their schools. So you might have a catholic kid teaching your kid at these bible clubs at the school.
    I have never been involved with them so thanks again.
    Our southern baptist association is really trying to get churchs involved.