1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Bob Krajcik, May 6, 2005.

1. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

These few notes taken at a Bible conference held at Sovereign Grace Baptist Church, in Galena, Ohio, with the topic being Evangelism. The conference dates: May 4, 5, 6, 7, 2005, 7 PM W-F, and 10 AM Sat.

My few notes may not match the speaker so fault me. This is just a few samples of what was said.

From a special meeting:
    May 5, 2005 7:00 – 8:30 PM
    Sovereign Grace Baptist Church
    Galena, Ohio
    Speakers: Jeff Short and Bill Holbrook

First speaker:

Few conversions today...
    Efforts not limited by election, not outside of time...
    Romans 10 “Burden for the lost” The reason for failure to evangelize is not that we don’t know the word- the problem is we don’t care. If there is a burden there will be speaking.

Romans 10:1
    Prayer for: Zeal, love, compassion.
    Delight in something creates a longing to have it. It doesn’t matter what we know, but we must have a desire.

Romans 1
    We are debtors, we owe, both God and man. While before we lead people to sin, encouraged them to sin, now we owe them. You can give if nothing else speaking, a tract- it preaches.
    Paul: “I have not hid the gospel”

Prejudice. Remove it from the heart. Revelation 5:9 “By the blood” God hates the prejudice. Regardless of race, rich, poor, etc. Give the gospel- sin rips the burden out of you- selfish- follow the Lord- He makes you fishers of men.

Run the race – context – Give the gospel
    Psalm 90:12 number days
    Proverb 11:30 a way to be wise- number days.

Luke 10:29- spiritual picture of man’s condition. People that do not know the Lord are in no better condition. The judgment of God is real.

Second speaker:

Matthew 9:35-38

Matthew 10 sends out disciples

John 20:21 The atonement was finished but the work of going was not. His work was to continue.

To bring their vision in line with His see them as God sees them.

What was His view?
    Compassion to call sinners to repentance- Great Physician- minister to sick. Centered on the souls of men, not outward. Sheep with no shepherd.
    Need Led, Fed, Guided
    Ezek 34 prophesy against the shepherds
    Luke 11:52
    The harvest has a limited time- white already to harvest- immediate need-

What was Christ’s view of the work?
    Mark 1:37-39
    Luke 4:43 Going- Go ye into all the world. He went every where- homes, cities, wells, synagogues. . .

He identified the need
    The labourers are few- that He will send forth labourers- corporate responsibility.

The message
    John 20:30-31 the word primary
    He was moved with compassion

Title of the Lord: The Lord of the Harvest

End-

2. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

This is the work of God, that you believe on him whom he has sent.

“In a beautiful New England village a boy lay very sick, drawing near to death and very sad. His heart longed for the treasure which was worth more to him now than all the gold of the western mines. One day I sat down by him, took his hand, and looking in his troubled face asked him what made him so sad. ‘Uncle,’ said he, ‘I want to love God. Won’t you tell me how to love God?’ I cannot describe the piteous tones in which he said those words and the look of anxiety which he gave me. I said to him: ‘My boy, you must trust God first, and then you will love him without trying to at all.’ With a surprised look he exclaimed, ‘What did you say?’ I repeated the exact words again, and I shall never forget how his large, hazel eyes opened on me, and his cheek flushed as he slowly said, ‘Well, I never knew that before. I always thought that I must love God first before I had any right to trust him.’ ‘No, my dear boy,’ I answered, ‘God wants us to trust him; that is what Jesus always asks us to do first of all, and he knows that as soon as we trust him we shall begin to love him. This is the way to love God, put your trust in him first of all.’ Then I spoke to him of the Lord Jesus and how God sent him that we might believe in him and how, all through his life, he tried to win the trust of men; how grieved he was when men would not believe in him, and everyone who believed came to love without trying at all.’ He drank in all the truth and simply saying, ‘I will trust Jesus now,’ without an effort put his young soul in Christ’s hands that very hour; and so he came into the peace of God which passes understanding and lived in it calmly and sweetly to the end.”

-Copied

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Great posts! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I love the book of Romans. I wonder constantly why Christian's don't seem to have a burden for the lost? Seems like the majority to me that claims to be a Christian don't really care people are dying everyday and going to hell!Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way it seems to me the longer I'm a Christian. Of course I know that not everyone that claims Christ is really a Christian, so maybe that's it?
    I think about it all the time. Does everyone else? I can't stand the thought of anyone going there. It's so sad.

Do we as Christian's really care about the lost?
    Do we witness to anyone and everyone about Jesus and what He's done for us?
    Do we pray for all to come to Christ?
    Or are we going to just stick our head in the sand or go on our merry way?