1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Evangelism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jordan Kurecki, Aug 7, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While we may not agree on the CAL Vs. Armin issue I will say Jordan I appreciate your zeal for souls and the lost. Besides Ray Comfort whom is the best here are some other good evangelism books.

One thing you can't do in Heaven- Mark Cahill
    Out of Commission-Paul Chappel-- I had an extra copy and would have sent it your way but gave it to someone in the church.

Calvinist based books

Nothing but the truth-John MacArthur
    Todays Evangelism- Ernest Reisinger

Mac tells the story of John harper the evangelist on the Titanic. Check out his story and have a passion for souls as he did while dying on the ship.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

You're incorrect.

Again. :thumbsup::wavey:

There are incidents in which to protect one's own personal property the person can do so to the detriment of the assailant.

For instance, if a person breaks into my home via a window (my personal property) and enters my home (my personal property) I am legally protected to meet said with hot flying lead. And I can guarantee I will. :)

So, you're wrong, there is a law, here it is usually referred to as 'Castle Doctrine'.

...and the second 'wrong' is not a 'wrong' it's actually a 'right'.

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In New York it will cost you $75 for every car you touch. The law has been on the books since 2005.

What would you do if you were placing a tract and the car's alarm went off?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, I am not incorrect.
    First, you, by answering my post are again trying to derail the thread.
    Second, I never said anything about breaking into another's home, and deliberately so.
    Third, I very explicitly quoted his words "touch my car."
    If for any reason, you would dismember a person for "touching his car," you would be jailed immediately without any questions asked. Read the thread.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did that old jingle go....oh yea. "I love New York " :laugh:

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Brother,

I appreciate your zeal and love for the truth and have gained insight from you. However what I do not understand is your lack of a zeal for souls and spreading the gospel. Why are you so anti tracts? Tracts are a great way to reach people in our 24/7 society where many do not want to talk with anyone but their iPhones. Brother are you familiar with John Harper? George Whitfield? Charles Spurgeon? John Bunyan? And their zeal for souls and reaching the lost? These Calvinists loved the gospel and loved to be out witnessing. I encourage you to broden your views.

#26 evangelist6589, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  7. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

For the record, I am not anti-tracts (didn't know there was such a thing!). I think tracts have a use and can be very beneficial. I just think that putting them on people's cars is the wrong thing to do with them.

8. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just read One thing you cant do in heaven over the summer, his book Watchmen is fantastic as well.

Spurgeon's The Soul Winner is good as well.

9. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you quote scripture to prove this point?

I think you have no basis for this.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is no scriptural basis for the computer either.
    I happen to agree with Matt on this. I don't think that the best use of tracts is putting them on cars. I am one of those that find it annoying.
    I believe that a tract is a tool. The most beneficial use is when it is used personally. Rarely (but not never) is it effective by just dropping it in a mailbox. Usually it is just "junkmail." But if handed to a person when introducing yourself, or after having spoken to them, then it will be far more effective. It will tell them what you personally believe, and they have met you.

11. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess we shall agree to disagree then.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evangelist, Jordan - what do you do with the leaflets and other documents that Jehovah's Witnesses put on people's cars and doors? Do you read them?

If you haven't found them on your car or door, then allow me to ask: if some day you did find one on your car or door, what would you do with it? Or one from the Mormons? Or literature from a buddhist?

#32 Don, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have The Watchman but have not read it yet (lots of books in my library). I do not have The Soul Winner.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Christian so I know their stuff is trash. However as a Calvinist I believe in the doctrine of election and the doctrine of the effectual call of the spirit and believe that a tract can plant a seed that only God can make grow. I have no idea what God will do with my tracts, all I am commanded to do is preach the word and he will bring his elect to salvation. Refer to the book Nothing but the Truth by Mac and he explains this well.

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So don't act surprised or hurt when other people just simply throw the tract away. JW's think they have a monopoly on the truth, ya know.

Don't stop what you're doing; just don't forget they're doing with your material what you'd do with theirs.

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs:

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Jordan

Jordan don't let these people sidetrack or derail this thread in their attempt to get us to stop witnessing by placing tracts in peoples hands, on cars, in restaurants, hospitals, dentist offices, doctors offices, and so forth. I literally place them everywhere. Also we need to challenge as many as possible with the gospel, and start from the natural to the spiritual.

18. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

John, you assume things that are not necessarily true. Just because a person isn't a 'tract person' doesn't mean that person is not evangelistic. You hold a mindset that if it isn't done how you like it to be done then the opposite extreme must be true of the person and accuse the other of being 'anti'.

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So what do you do? Do you open air preach? Do you engage lost people with the gospel?

20. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I find it on my car or door, I may look it over just to see what they are teaching, but I'll probably throw them out, it really depends upon what is said, if it says something clearly heretical I may keep it for reference.