1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelist Jack Parchman

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Pastor_Bob, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I received a call today from Dr. Ken Graham, pastor of Victory Baptist Church of Benton, Arkansas. He informed me that Evangelist Jack Parchman of Little Rock, Arkansas went home to be with the Lord today.

I believe Brother Parchman was 82 years old. He has been preaching for over 50 years. I had Brother Parchman in to preach for me last winter and 12 people were saved. Two families were added to our church. He was a tremendous blessing.

Please pray for his dear wife, Ann.

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Thank you for sharing this news Pastor_Bob. I will certainly be praying for the family as this is such a hard time of the year to lose someone. Just think of the celebration in Heaven though [​IMG]

3. DrJackParchmansGrandson

Thank you for your interest and your prayers for our family. My mother is Dr. Parchman's oldest daughter, Donna.
    We had the funeral for my grandfather yesterday and it was a grand celebration of his life and testimony. My grandfather would have been very pleased. He served his country in the Navy during WWII on a Battleship -as a matter of fact, he didn't even see my mother for the first time until she was 9 months old in June 1944.
    I drove about 70 miles each way on Dec 18th to Victory Baptist Church in Benton for Jack Parchman Day. The Church honored my grandfather for 55 years in the ministry. He also happened to preach his last sermon on this earth on that day - "The Battle of the Ages". The night before on the 17th, our family celebrated Christmas at my Aunts home. Oh what a grand time we had, eating good food and visiting one another. It has been a yearly tradition around that time and there were grandkids, great grandkids, Daughters and extended families. This time of year is really the only time we ever got to spend with him, due to the schedule he kept. He was 82 when he passed and the day he preached his last sermon in his home church on 12-18, it was the 53rd church he had preached in this year! That is more than 1 per week! He stated he would think about slowing down in 2008 during his last message. He had already been booking meetings for the space between now and 2008. He had such a burden for lost souls he simply did not want to slow down.
    People from all over the United States came to pay their respects and for every one there, there were 100 who wanted to be but couldn't. Brother Graham and his wife were such a blessing to our family during this time. I have the utmost respect for this man of God and his church.
    Please keep our family in your prayers, especially Mrs. Ann. She has spent the last 25 years or so on the road with my grandfather, supporting him and his ministry. What a blessing she has been to our family. My grandmother (Granny) passed away in 1972. Her dream was to travel with Grandaddy and support and help his ministry, but that was never to be. God, in his infinite wisdom sent the perfect person to help him. I am really the only grandchild who remembers Granny as I'm the oldest. The next oldest (my sister) was barely 2 when my grandmother passed away, so Ann has been our grandmother in every way, loving us just as much as she loves her own children. I simply cannot say how much she means to us all.
    I spoke to Ann earlier this evening regarding a website to honor my grandfather. Although she is overwhelmed at the moment from the events of the past week, she has given her approval for me to begin work on it.
    My grandfather has written 4 books and there are oceans of messages on cassette tape that I intend to preserve to the digital realm, one service at a time.
    I'm sorry for the rambling message but I did want to thank everyone who is and has been praying for our family.
    The timing of everything that has occured is so obvious 'of God' that it is comforting. Just think - out of all the travelling across this great land for 49.9 weeks out of the year, everything happened at home during the 2.1 weeks 'off time' There are hundreds of other reasons I could give that makes it so obvious. That was God's way of comforting us and showing us he is in control.
    Thanks again,
    Chris Pipkins
    Greenbrier, Arkansas

4. DrJackParchmansGrandson

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is great to see grandkids write such things.

6. B. Bird

B. Bird New Member

I am another of Dr. Parchman's grandsons. Let me echo everything my cousin has written. The funeral service and week leading up to it was truly a celebration. My grandfather's life was a picture of obedience and faithfulness to the Lord.

During the funeral, Dr. Graham asked for a show of hands of how many in attendance were saved under the preaching of my grandfather. Hands shot up all across the church...what a testimony! (praise God mine was one of them).

Thanks for your prayers.

7. FBCPastorsWife

How wonderful to read what both of you grandchildren wrote. It should be everyone's hopes and prayers as a Christian to have such celebration upon their Homegoing. God bless you both for sharing and we will all continue to pray for the family!

8. DrJackParchmansGrandson

9. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

A wonderful testimony of your grandfather. I appreciate it.

10. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have Brother Jack's message Daddy Did It, preached at my home church, Park Meadows Baptist Church in Lincoln, IL. I am going to show this video message during the Sunday night service this Father's Day. This message is one of his classics.

11. FBCPastorsWife

Pastor_Bob...I saw the sermon title Daddy Did It and I decided to find it online. I'm listening to it right now and my goodness...what a message! I'm going to save it for Jimmy to listen to! Thanks for mentioning it!

12. DrJackParchmansGrandson

13. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. Ps. 116:15

And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written,
    How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace,
    and bring glad tidings of good things! Rom. 10:15

14. DrJackParchmansGrandson