1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelist Mark Cahill

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by evangelist6589, Sep 30, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think about him? No you personally, and not what some blogger or website thinks which may be incorrect? I am reading his latest book and I can sense a zeal for the lost. However I also sense a misunderstanding of Reformed theology, and a arrogant attitude to admit he does not know everything. However his zeal for the lost leaks though the pages of his book. His writing style is awkward at times, and very unfocused. However I could say the same of Ray Comfort. Not a seasoned writer, but a good writer for todays ADD readers. Writing a academic level work is not the same as writing a book for the average ADD reader of today. I think that Cahill does a good job in keeping ones attention in his book. What do you say?

I can learn from Arminian just as long as I show discernment with their books and teachings. However I think it would be unwise to not invite one to my conference because of secondary disputes.

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're hosting a conference?

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No... But some will not invite him due to his issues with calvinism.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Moving to the "Book" forum so we can deal with Mark's writing and not any personal issues

5. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I personally think his book "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven." is one of the best books on evangelism I've read, from a "non-scholarly/academic" perspective that is. If you are capable of reading that book without immediately having zeal to preach the gospel you have issues (namely you need to be born again)!

My reformed/Calvinist friends (which I recently joined the ranks of) give out his booklet "One Second After You...Die" after a good witnessing/Open-air encounter.

For me, his adamant Amrinianism is less an issue than his KJVO. But he's zealous and certainly doing great things for evangelism.