1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelist Ron Comfort

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Ephesus23, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Ephesus23

Ephesus23 New Member

Dr. Comfort's coming to my church February 15th-20th for a revival service. This will be my first time hearing him, as well as his first time in my church, if memory serves. Anybody hear him preach before? What'd you think of him?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Think highly of Dr Comfort. Have heard him since the 70's. My son, now a missionary to N. Ireland went to his school, Ambassador Baptist College. The school seems to be producing servants. [​IMG]

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

My son who became a rebellious teen during high school years got his heart right and surrrendered to preach after hearing Ron Comfort preach. That was about 10 years ago. He is now an asst. Pastor at a church in Georgia.

5. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He holds the bible through his preaching but he never flips through it nor has to refer to it because he's got passages and passages memorized. Truly inspirational. A great blessing to hear him preach and you should invite as many unsaved friends as you can!!!

6. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I attended West Park Baptist Church in Knoxville, TN when I was growing up. Ron Comfort came to our church at least twice, and he really is amazing. I seem to recall that he has memorized most, if not all, of the Bible. He is a very good preacher, and you really will enjoy the sermons.

And just think: I am not even an IF Baptist!!
    [​IMG]

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've known Brother Comfort for 20+ years. If there is one word to discribe him, it is balanced.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    While Brother Comfort has a unique "pulpiteering" style (imitated, sadly, by his students) his messages are finest quality.

You will be blessed. [​IMG]

9. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

I heard him preach when I was a teenager, He challenged the teens to make a vow to remain pure till marriage, and I made the vow, and remained pure, by God's grace till I married at age 34. That vow helped me throughout those difficult years.

10. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

sorry-double post

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Slight correction Dr B - "imitated by SOME of his students." My son's pulpit style in NOTHING like Dr Comfort's. And I enjoy hearing both preach immensely.

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, C4K, hyperbole on my part and not meant to reflect them all.

We have, though, had some come with singing groups from Ambassador that have defined CLONE by their words/gestures, etc that were 100% Comfort.

Of course, if we allowed OBC students in, dare say many would immitate Jim Vineyard. Danger of going to a school with a strong "pulpiteer" as the mentor.

Go up to "colleges". I am asking about Ambassador there and sounds like you could give good insights.

13. Fraser

Fraser New Member

Ron Comfort, I think is a good preacher.
    I heard him preach in Arizona.And had him sign my notes, in which I noted his sermon.

14. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I watched and listened Ron Comfort preached few years ago. WOW!!!! [​IMG] He is filled with the Holy Spirit! I watched the intepreter signs tooooooo fast while he preaching same time. I watched him preaching while memorizing verse without loook down at the Bible. Wow! God uses him. After the service over. I asked question to Ron Comfort, how does he memorizes and preasching too fast? He said, "Study HARD!"

I respect him very well. I am sure God uses him to send many servants into the world to preach the gospel to lost for Christ.

God bless him.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Amen! I am encouraged by this thread - here is a man who has only received praise! We need more uplifting threads like this one!!! [​IMG]

16. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Well, You need a book, "Expository Preaching Without Notes and Sermon Preached Without Notes" by Charles W. Koller. :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Not fair askjo, do you know Dr Comfort HAS to have the book? Perhaps, just maybe, he truly does "study to shew himself apptoved" without that book?

18. North Carolina Tentmaker

The first time that I heard Ron Comfort preach was nearly 30 years ago. At that time they said that he had a degenerative eye disease and that he was going blind. At that time I seem to remember him making a statement to the effect that he was trying to memorize as much of the Bible as possible before he lost his sight.

Since he has not gone blind I am not sure that was true, perhaps he got better. Does anyone else remember this and do you think his eyesight was the motivation for his extraordinary memorization?

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Don't know NCT, but it stirs something in my mind as well.

20. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Look at Dr. Charles Stanley -- Free-note sermon! That's why I asked DeafPosttrib about this "helpful" book.