1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelist Ron Comfort

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Ephesus23, Feb 1, 2004.

1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Yes, I heard it before. I remember I heard from my teacher at the bible college several years ago, he said, Dr. Ron Comfort was suppose to become blind soon, so, Dr. Comfort does not want to miss reading Bible, he have to memorize lot of scriptures as he can.

I don't know if that story was true.

But in fact, in my own eyes, I saw Dr. Comfort's eye point toward the congregation while preaching sme time, he never look down at the Bible as he speak verses from the Bible. He just spoke many verses the exactly sentence or grammar as what the verses from the Bible actually saying the exactly same. Comfort impresses me so much, that he memorizes verses lot while preaching too fast without any mistake.

I don't care either Dr. Comfort study textbook or any book as how can he memorize verses. Obivously he study so hard!!!!

Can you dare to memorize the exactly grammar of these verses while you preaching fast same time?

Hardly.

I like Dr. Comfort [​IMG]

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Well, what about Dr. Jack Van Imple? He memorized about 15,000 verses from the Bible. My deaf friend told me that Jack preached 45 verses from the Bible in 45 minutes --- his memory!!! [​IMG]

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before he became infamous, Jack Van Impe came to our church and held meeting (think 60's). He was a walking Bible then. Very disciplined and gifted.

He would, however, "machine-gun" out verses and WOW the believers, but the unsaved had great difficulty with that kind of presentation. His desire for city-wide meetings led him into compromise and now his TV program and continual errors in setting dates for Christ's return make him a laughingstock.

Knew Ron Comfort at that time, too. You are right about a degenerative eye condition and desire to memorize the Word. His eyes stabilized, but still with poor vision. But his preaching is enhanced with the Word presented from memory.

4. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

Brother Comfort and his team held a revival at my Church a few months back. He made a comment about some think that his memorizing scripture was due to his eyesight. He said, in the pulpit, that that wasn’t the case. He referred to Jesus when He was tempted and how He used scripture as a sword and shield against Satan. He said that we, as Christians, should as well, so when we are tempted we’ll be ready.

5. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

Brother Comfort and his team held a revival at my church a few months ago. You’ll thoroughly enjoy it! The singing lead by his associate (can’t remember his name) was awesome! He plays the trombone and the accordion (sp?). Try to make it every night and invite as many as you can, especially your lost love ones and friends!

He’s a powerful and straightforward preacher, who doesn’t hold to worldly views or compromises God’s Word. So if anyone in your congregation believes or even entertains the idea that God used evolution as His method of creation or that “all religions’ lead to God, will have sore toes the week after!

Enjoy it. I can’t wait until I can see him again!

6. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Askjo,

Yes I heard Jack Van Impe memorizes all verses of the New Testament. I don't know it was true. But my friend told, many years ago, he went to that old church, that pastor was the teacher for Jack Van Impe. He learned lot from that pastor, and Dr. Impe does memorize all verses.

Yes, I agree with Dr. Bob Griffin on Jack Van Impe.

I went to take tour at Jack Van Impe's building in Troy, MI. I looked at the adverstisements post on the wall. These were in 1960's and 1970's. These saying he preaching against compromising religions, preaching against one world religion. Also, it said, "Separation".

His standard during 1960's and early 1970's was very strong and strict. Even, he was a truly independent fundamental baptist.

He received three doctoral degrees from Tennessee Temple University, Midwestern Baptist College, and Hyles-Anderson College.

Few years ago, I watched Jack Van Impe on T.V. he held that book about the one world religion. He said, I was planning to write that book and spread it to America, but God told me, not to write it down, and I dropped it.

I do not buy what he said. The purpose of dropped that book, because he likes to make money by unity with any religions even talk positive on Roman Catholic Church and Pope too!

Sad! He changes lot lately.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

A source said that Jack Van Impe's salary is $300,000.00 a year. He is KJVO.

8. North Carolina Tentmaker

Askjo:

Is he KJVO or does he just prefer the King James. I went to the website and looked around. The Mission Statement says they believe in Verbal inspiration. A verses quoted are King James, but nowhere do I see any condemnation of the NIV or NKJV.

There is a big difference between loving the King James Version (I do) and believing that the modern versions are not also the word of God.

9. Forever settled in heaven

A source said that Jack Van Impe's salary is $300,000.00 a year. He is KJVO. </font>[/QUOTE]well good, that makes him on par w another walking bible: Dr Peter Ruckman! [​IMG]

10. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Some of the KJVO are the KJV Preferred. Jack Van Impe is KJVP.