1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelizing

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by dan e., Dec 28, 2006.

1. David Ekstrom

David Ekstrom New Member

Actually, Bro., I'm a Calvinist. And I'm a rather hard preacher. Just last Sunday, my Gospel invitation amounted to: Will you keep God's word? yes or no? What will you choose, to be holy or vile? Based on Rev. 22:7-17. And one of the new people greeted me at the door in tears and embraced me, thanking me for the message. Two other men from that family have expressed a desire to meet with me regarding their salvation. I'm not chasing them down. I'm letting the Lord draw them in his time.
    The point of our flyers, however, was that we were guests at their door. We made about 2,500 calls in town. (Not just me personally. We had good participation from our congregation.) We had a few opportunities to witness but not many.
    What disturbs me is the claim that soul-winning is not Calvinistic. That simply is not true. Since I do not know who's elect and who isn't, I will extend the Gospel call to whomever. But I will do so in a winsome way because that's exactly what Paul said he did.
    What's destroying America is that our churches are dead. One thing killing our churches is a lack of evangelism.
    I don't think we should confuse anti-social anger with zeal for the truth.

2. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

But if they are the elect, why do they need you to extend the Gospel call?

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Good post. I agree. I agree alot with christianyouth too. Not the writing people off part, but most of what he said. I love the Way of the Master guys and been listening and reading Ravenhill and Paul Washer lately and many others like that. It's eye opening. Has been for me. I've been listening to other preachers and Christians when they explain how to be saved, to see what they say. P. Washer has a video I found on google called Shocking Youth Message and wow! How many people are not hearing they need to repent before they hear the cross? How can they see how awesome God's mercy and kindness is without understanding what sinners they are? That really concerns me and the fact that so many Christians won't open their mouths to tell unbelievers around them. Why don't Christians have a passion for the unsaved? When they know what eternity is going to be like for them. None of us know if today will be our last.

I love the way WOM says it, Law to the proud and Grace to the humble.

4. Allan

Allan Active Member

YOu can find him and HUNDREDS more pastors at http://sermonindex.net
    Go here and scroll down to hear Henry Blackaby sermon "what to expect when God touches your church". It is a great follow up to Paul David Washers sermon at the youth program. (A Calvinist and non-Calvinist with the same message) Imagine that!
    http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=531