1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eve, how did she help?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Crabtownboy, May 6, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe New Member

I agree. It would have been nice to know more about Eve's role. Also Jesus' earthly mother's role.

Here is more information in general for everyone about Eve's role-

1. deleted

2. She helped with stewardship, having dominion over animals, birds, insects, fish, cattle etc..

3. She helped Adam sew fig leaves together

Gen 1: 26-27And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons

#21 Joe, May 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you heard this one:

God created Adam and after looking him over said, "I can do better," and he then created Eve. :laugh:

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If his first words to her were "Whoa Man!" then her first words to him must have been "Guess again, buddy!"

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

As a man I am Passionate about my wife. This seems to be the only thing that Adam lacked before the fall. I can just see Adam in the garden, Lion, Rhino, (yawn)Elephant, Dog, Tiger........:sleeping_2: When God said that it was not good for man to be alone He saw man's need to have a passion in his life.

It has been said that Adam "fell" in love. When Eve ate of the fruit she gave it to Adam and they did eat. Adam loved his wife and in turn he would die with her. Then came the questioning and the finger pointing. Adam spoke the truth when he said,

Genesis 3:12
    12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

He confessed the truth. In so doing, he accepted the consequences.

Eve also spoke the truth when she said,

Genesis 3:13
    13 And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

If all had been simply finger pointing then the implication of sin (in their eyes) would have been differed to the next person, but they implicated themselves in the confession of "I did eat."

Had Adam not confessed his sin then he would have set the stage for Eve to do the same. Instead he confessed and Eve did the same thus their fate, punishment and redemption would be the same. Her seed would bring forth the Savior that both would have to look toward.

Now Adam could understand passion. Passion to give one's life for the other that he loves. Without Eve, would Adam had ever known the passion that God really had for him?

Would Adam have understood the passion to serve God with all his heart if Adam had been the only one to have ate of the fruit?

The fact that God would give His only Son for our redemption shows the extent that God would go to save men and women from death, Hell and the grave.

Yes, indeed Eve did help Adam not only understand his own heart but also the Heart of God.

Ephesians 5:25-33
    25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
    26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
    27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
    28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
    29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
    30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
    31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
    32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
    33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

5. JerryL

JerryL New Member

EDIT: You already answered for me.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

What Adam and Eve tried to do was place blame on someone else, kind of like when one of my boys would say he made me do it, meaning yes I did it, but he made me, I'm not responsible because he made me. Adam and Eve did what people do, placed the blame on someone else. Neither wanted to accept responsibility, or neither would have offered their excuses.

7. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eve was to help Adam. Her job was to sweep the garden (to keep the snakes out) and collect the fruit for supper. Luckily, she didn't have to worry about washing the clothes because they didn't have any.:tonofbricks:

peace to you:praying:

8. CHRISTian PS Watch

CHRISTian PS Watch New Member

I like the thought that there was more than just finger pointing going on in this situation, I had never considered it.

I think Adam had to have been passionate about something before Eve came along. Unless you mean passionate in the strictly amorous sense.

Adam had to have things that he was willing to give himself for before Eve. The garden was such an amazing place I don't see how he could have considered his existence bland an uninteresting.

http://www.christianpublicschoolwatch.blogspot.com

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

In the garden, Adam knew nothing of sacrificial love. A passion that God wanted to share with Adam from the get go. Eve was the catalyst that gave a choice to Adam. A Choice that God had already gave Adam before Eve. He never made that choice and God made Eve to help him make it.

10. Joe

Joe New Member

oops posted in wrong thread.

#30 Joe, May 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even though I appreciate your theory, I must admit that nothing in scripture indicates God was giving Adam the "choice" of sacrificing himself for Eve.

peace to you:praying:

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

In this case, God initated sin, He is the cause of sin. God is the now the bad guy.
    Nothing scriptural about it.

13. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Adam reacted according to his flesh and from then on death was passed down to all of man. He chose to die with Eve. He could have chosen life but he did what Eve gave him. Adam failed in this test because he was flesh, dust or clay. Had he listened to the living soul within him he would have responded correctly for life. Jesus was conceived of the Spirit and did what was necessary for men to have life.

Jesus responded correctly to how the Spirit was to work for life. He was tempted just as Adam was yet reacted to that temptation by the Word of the Spirit. Adam had the same choice but reacted according to the flesh.

1 Corinthians 15:45-50
    45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
    46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
    47The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
    48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
    49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
    50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Again Adam was given the opportunity to give life but instead reacted according to the flesh and thus both died.

14. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Isaiah 45:5-10
    5I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
    6That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
    7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
    8Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
    9Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
    10Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

So God is responsable for sin, and falsely hold man responsable, how can man be responsable for his sin if God is actually responsable?
    God is perfect and righteous, even if you do not beleive it.

16. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I don't deserve that DonnA. I just gave you the scripture that indicates that God is in control of all things even evil.

In a rich man's house there are vessels of honor and dishonor. They all exist for his use. Do you think that God did not put Judas in place? God put the serpent in the garden knowing that he was going to beguile Eve. That in no way makes God unrighteous or not perfect.

God is indeed a righteous God and I truly believe it.

Mel

17. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

These have been very good thougts, Mel.

Do you think there is a difference between 'evil' and 'sin'?

18. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Sin is rebellion and unbelief against God. How can God rebel or not believe in himself? Thus God can not sin.

The created being Lucifer rebelled and became the embodiment of evil. Now he is the deceiver and adversary, Satan. Every where he goes he seeks to under mine God's work. That is what he did in the garden and that is what he is doing today.

#38 Palatka51, May 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  19. Joe

Joe New Member

Who put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil into the garden?

Without this tree, where would sin originate from?

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

God put the tree in the garden. God gave the command not to eat of it. But it was Adam and Eve that chose to disobey and thereby, sinned. They are responsible for their own sin.

I've wondered why didn't they just go to God and say, "this serpent is bothering us and telling us all this stuff, is it true, God?"