1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Even Republicans Recognize That the GOP Has Become a Party of Looney Oddballs

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A new poll has determined that Republicans are beginning to hate one another, reported Addicting Info. This hardly comes as a shock because the Republicans have been on a path of internal disaster since 2013.

The Pew Research Center found that only 32 percent of Americans have a favorable view of the Republican Party, while 60 percent have an unfavorable view. The Democrats, however, are in way better shape than the Republicans. Forty-eight percent of Americans view the Democratic Party favorably, while 47 percent viewed them unfavorably. This overwhelming lack of GOP support has been a long-time coming.

The schism between Establishment Republicans and Tea Party Republicans began manifesting itself into negative voter support six months ago. At that time, 86 percent of the Republican constituency supported the party. Currently, only 68 percent of GOP voters support the party. This decline is attributed to the American people believing that the GOP is only out for itself (which is true). Fifty-one percent of voters believe that Democrats have the public’s best interest in mind. Only 31 percent of voters say this about Republicans.

https://www.ringoffireradio.com/201...he-gop-has-become-a-party-of-looney-oddballs/

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about a serious topic?

Do you really want us to go down the list of radical leftwing nuts that run the democrat party?

The difference is republicans recogize that have a diverse party with a far right and democrats, who champion "diversity" but tolerate it not at all in their party, have nothing but far left.

And once again, your title is not supported by your OP.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Just consider the source for the OP and who posted it!

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True. And I won't waste time going through their stats to prove they are lying. Considering the source, I know they are.

Right down crabby's alley, though.

5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good thing there aren't any whacko types in the democratic party, right Crabby?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It did match the content. Thread titles are not meant to be exhaustive. Your expectation is unrealistic. Deal with the content of the thread and move on. Your complaints are silly and only creates unnecessary strife.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the quote in the OP -
    "only 32 percent of Americans "
    Was the poll of all Americans or just Republicans.
    If a poll was of just Republicans, the numbers would be much higher.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That was interesting. The rush was to point the finger at the democrats instead of just admitting the obvious.

The republican party is full of wackos today.

So what the democrat party is also full of wackos? All that proves is that we have a bunch of wackos on both sides ruining, er I mean allegedly running the country today.

We already cast our votes based the lesser of two evils must we also select a party on the basis of which is the least wacky?

"I don't like your wackos because they're wackier than my wackos!" :laugh:

#8 poncho, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Republican part is having a problem because of the establishment guys like Boehner and McConnel as well as guys like McCain. They are no longer trusted and are not seen as conservative.

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And in their haste all missed the most important point in the OP. Wonder if they will ever figure it out?

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That both parties are bought and paid for by big moneyed special interests and being such makes neither party worth wasting a vote on?

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most important to whom?

13. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrats have Honest Hillary, Young Bernie Sanders, and Crazy Uncle Joe as their leading candidates so I guess they can say that elderly white Democrats are not wackos.

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It should be to you. After all, even you, have not addressed the important information in this article. Let's give a hint.

What is the perception of the American people in this article and what are the implications of that perception?

15. targus

targus New Member

And the source for the OP says that it means nothing at all.

Why did CTB leave that little bit of information out? :laugh:

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The biased article comes from a far left wing world view. I couldn't care any less about his idiocy. There are disagreements in both parties. There are even liberals who do not like Obama and believe he is a criminal for all the drone usage.

People disagree this is not news. However, the characterization in the op is a false demonization induced to create a perception not already in existence. Umm no I should not care about that.

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for a typical unthinking, irrational reply. I would say more, but it is useless. There is no hope of a normal discussion with you. I give up to ever having a good, normal discussion with you.

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONCE again, I ask you Crabby - is that 32% of ALL Americans or just Republicans?

19. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another OP by crabby trying to put down the GOP. Could it be that he knows the DNC has become the party of crooks, liars and cronyism? Could it be his last gasp to relish democrats in power? The truth is, crabby knows of the large contingent running for the GOP nod is the next POTUS who will render the DNC the party of the past? Could it be he's seen the handwriting on the walls of the Oval Office?

Me thinks crabby is close to giving up the ghost and afraid he'll see tighter border control. Less spending. Bigger military. And an end to Obamacare as he once knew it?

Get a grip crabby. The loons have come home to roost...:laugh: