1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Every Doctrine Could Cost You....!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TCGreek, Jan 1, 2009.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Might wanna' check with Paul. Here's some English renditions of the Greek language in I Cor. 12:13.
    My friend, I have cited 18 English versions from the most literal to very free translations, over six and a quarter Centuries, plus the Greek and Latin. I could easily triple that number, just with English Bibles available on-line. Each and every one of them renders I Cor. 12:13 similarly, baptism by or in the Spirit, and for all (Christians).

I previously addressed the subject in this post, on the thread of "How Many Baptisms" here.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1275308&postcount=10

The Holy Spirit baptism is the same "done deal" for all believing Christians, today, just as it was at Pentecost, and with Cornelius. And I would suggest you are doing some serious eisegesis on Eph. 4:5, to make it read "water", for there is not one drop suggested, in the text. FTR, neither is the 'baptism' in Eph. 4:5 referring to the 'baptism in the Spirit', of I Cor. 12:13, but rather the baptsim into Christ, hence into the death of Christ, as found in Rom. 6:3. The "baptism in water" just as was doen by John and Peter, in Ac. 11, is a picture ("figure" - KJV) of the real thing that has already been done. (I Pet. 3:20-22)

Incidentally, since you are the one who raised the subjects initially, when are you going to answer my questions posed in posts # 22 & 53?

Ed

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Ed Sutton, good post! :thumbs: