1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Every knee will bow...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Isaiah40:28, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Isaiah40:28

Isaiah40:28 New Member

Romans 14:11
    Will some be forced?

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nah. I bet that at that point, the non-believer will know that it is pointless and show Him the respect He deserves.

3. standingfirminChrist

All who reject Him before the Rapture will be forced to admit He is Lord and bow to Him after the Rapture.

All who have trusted Him prior to the Rapture will confess Him boldly and bow to Him without being asked or told to.

4. Rex77

Rex77 Member

Mt 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

Of course they will at THAT point in time since they will both see and know who He is and will be bound to give honor and homage to Him.

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Yes, forced, but not in the sense of threatenings from God about what will happen if they do not bow the knee and confess with the tongue - what could He add to make eternity in hell any worse? Rather, forced, in the sense of there not being any alternative. Unlike His first advent, Christ's Second Coming will be seen by all. Revelation 1.7:

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

7. Allan

Allan Active Member

Well put David, well put.

8. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Not just for lost people only, also, every Christians, all shall bow down before the Lord. In Phil. 2:10-11 say, "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

It tells us, all people from heaven, earth, and hell, EVERYONE will bow before the Lord, confess that He is the Lord. That will be at the Judgment Day.

Notice Romans 14:10 tells us, we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. So, next verse 11 says, "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, EVERY knee shall bow to me, and EVERY tongue shall confess to God."

It is very clear telling us, all Christians will bow before the Lord at the Judgment Day, confess that he is the Lord, even, every lost people will bow before Christ, confess that He is Lord.

That is not force. Once, everyone will see Lord appears in glory and power at second advent. No question, they all will be fear and trembling, because they will realize that he is very holy and power. That will cause them to bow down before Christ.

Lord means master.

Every person of the world will be realize that Jesus is the mostly exalted name and the truly King or Mesisah. They will bow before him for sure with NO force.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Mar 15:39And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.

Fear will cause them all to confess.

Hbr 12:26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

BBob,

#9 Brother Bob, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Well, this rapture theology is not the issue. However, coerced compliance is nothing but bullying.

11. Isaiah40:28

Good point.

12. Isaiah40:28

We are told over and over that God does not want robots who are forced to love Him. He wants genuine and sincere confession and worship from men. Making men confess His Son is diametrically opposed to how God operates with man's free will.
    So what gives?
    How can man be said to be free from any irresistable constraining of the Holy Spirit now, yet in the end be made or bound to acknowledge God's Son?

Why would such forced recognition please God?

Where is the consistency?

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I do not think they will be made to bow, but will know for sure then that they are doomed and will be filled with such fear, they will bow, cry for the rocks and mountains to fall on them, for then they will see Him face to face and not by faith, and all will know their fate. Could you imagine anyone refusing to bow, after knowing their fate?

BBob,

14. Isaiah40:28

So by fear of their fate, they are compelled to confess Him.
    They cannot refuse Him this recognition.
    Does God use this same fear today to save people?