1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EVERYBODY please vote -- HCSB poll

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Phillip, Feb 10, 2005.

?
  1. I am SBC and I like the HCSB

66.7%
  2. I am NOT SBC and I like the HCSB

5.1%
  3. I am SBC and I do NOT like the HCSB

15.4%
  4. I am NOT SBC and I do NOT like the HCSB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm SBC and I'm KJVonly

12.8%
  6. I'm not SBC and I'm KJVonly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HeLives4me

HeLives4me New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not currently SBC, but was before moving 3 years ago, and I liked the HCSB. I gave it to my son in-law because it seems easy to read and includes all the verses (though with brackets). I have been observing your comments here, and they are interesting. I currently use the NASB (1977) and KJV for study. I also have ESV. I liked it at first, but lately have not found it as good as I originally thought it was due to the missing verses, and some unusual phrasing.

VW

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

HeLives4me, You are talking about missing verses from the ESV not the HCSB, right?

I have noticed also that the ESV seems to just leave the questionable verses out. I would rather have the verse included with a footnote; at least you have all of the information whether or not it was added.

I think I am becoming more fond of the HCSB. (I never was much of an NIV fan--it was the best for young people or children, but not literal enough for study, IMHO.)

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Here Dr. Bob, take a look:

http://hcsb.broadmanholman.com/crossmain.asp

It's an on-line bible you can take a look at.

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Better add me to the hypothetical "never read it, don't care" category.

5. Exile

Exile New Member

I've been reading the HCSB recently and find it to be a useful version, although not significantly better than ESV or NASB. If the HCSB comes out in a good study edition, I may favor it over the ESV, but otherwise I'll stick with the latter as my everyday Bible.

6. HeLives4me

HeLives4me New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Phillip, -Yes, I meant the missing verses in the ESV . I still favor the 1977 NASB, but there are few if any study Bibles available. Only the (budget quality but expensive) Thompson with poor paper, and now the Open Bible, which may be OK, but it is physically quite large - more for home study than to carry to church.

On the HCSB, my son-in-law said today that he really likes it, so I am happy he is reading it.
    VW