1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

everyone is miserable!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by chipsgirl, Mar 2, 2005.

1. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Everyone around me seems to hate life. My co-workers hate our work place (I don't much like it either), my best friend doesn't know how to be happy, and my boyfriend is really unhappy with his finances and work right now. It's hard to keep smiling when everyone is miserable. I, as well as you all, can tell that they are probably lacking Christ in their life. Other than my boyfriend, none of these other people care to listen about the Bible and how it can make your life better. How do I keep my chin up and deal with all the negativity? It's very frustrating.

2. Jules

Jules New Member

Always remember that if it wasn't for the work of God's grace in your life you would feel and act exactly as they do. By realising and savoring the undeserved miracle that God has done in your life should change your behaviour and demeanor.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grumbling is contagious.

Be healthy; be thankful.

Rob

4. Linscott

Linscott New Member

First of all, you need to create an inner circle of friends that will encourage you with the hope and joy that only Christ can give. Christian friends from church is a great place to start. Also, make sure that you are regular in your attendance to church - you will receive great encouragement from the Word of God and will be able to encourage others through your presence.

Concerning your boyfriend, if he is not a believer and you are allowing him into your inner circle then of course you are going to be pulled down. You do not have the same foundation and therefore will not be able to share the joy that comes from being saved from your sins and knowing that you will spend eternity in Heaven!!! What could be better than that??? Seriously consider this point and look to your Bible about this issue. If you need passages to read let me know.

The grumpy people in the world are not going anywhere, but if we concentrate on the blessings from the Lord (food, clothing, a job, transportation, shelter, friends, family, church, ...) then we will be able to spread some joy rather than consuming the gloom around.

Jennifer [​IMG]

5. Mommyperson

Mommyperson New Member

Misery LOVES company..Misery may even SEEK OUT company.
    Rise above it AND share the Love of Christ with those who don't seem to have or desire to have peace and joy.
    They'll do one of two things, LEAVE YOU ALONE or listen to WHY you have the peace and joy they lack..
    What an opportunity to witness.
    Just take it one step at a time. God's with you in all emotionally draining conditions.

Phil 4:13

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

First things first.
    Realize that were it not for God's grace you would be just like them.
    1. I AM DOING BETTER THAN I DESERVE
    Next, TELL them about your joy!
    2. How are you? "I am doing better than I deserve, thanks."
    Huh? Never heard that before. "It means I am going to heaven, are you?"

Works wonders! I usually get replies like, "I hope so" OR "No way" or some other such thing, but it is always a way to open the door just enough to give 'em a taste of Jesus.

oh...and one last thing, which SHOULD be first. PRAY !!!

In HIS service;
    Jim

7. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

What is the role of other religions and or athism or agnosticm?

To keep people from God and to keep them as miserable as possible!

Burn that light of yours brightly as you do always. People will be attracted to that light.