1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Everyone Wins....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Oct 8, 2009.

1. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Is there something we can take from the modern day approach to youth sports, "Everyone wins, there are no losers, everyone gets a trophy" and apply it to the "church" today. Is this the view the majority have when it comes to salvation? There are no winners, no one did better than anyone else, we ALL get a trophy.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that is the way it is ... ll of us fall short and are saved only through the grace of God. None of us, absolutely none of us, are correct in all our beliefs.

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Because, of course, there is no such thing as objective truth. There is only my version of the truth and your version. Neither is wrong. To suggest that you are wrong might damage your tender self-esteem. I know it would mine. We need to put aside all those things which divide us and concentrate on those things about which we agree.

Unity among Christians is to be desired above everything. Everything else is secondary or non-essential.

So, let's shut down the Baptist Board. Too much dissension going on here.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Having three children who went though all manner of ayso soccer, bobby sox softball, little league, and eveny level of school sports, I can tell you that the "there are no losers" idea is usually a myth. What is true, though, is that losing is not necessarily considered a thing to feel bad about. It's part of the game. Someone has to lose.

I'm a huge proponent of having kids play at least a few years or a civic sport in their youth. It teaches them to earn a win (rather than be entitled to it), and to lose gracefully.

Now in regards to the church, salvation is salvation. Everyone gets a trophy. There is no such thing as being "more saved" than someone else.

5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly the way the Scripture does.

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 1 Cor 9:24

So, I disagree with modern ideas in this regard. Everyone runs, but not everyone gets a prize. In our Christians lives let us run that we may obtain the prize.