1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evidence that Jesus was God's Son please?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ilive4him2, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

It does settle it for me.

But it didn't completely settle it for iliveforhim2, because he pleaded in the OP for help to restore his faith. Telling someone to have faith in the word of God doesn't always cut it.

pinoybaptist and I sought to provide some proofs of the resurrection based on reason. Those proofs did not replace faith; they strengthened it.

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Agreed. I am reminded of the book, "Who Moved the Stone?" As the publishers (Zondervan) say in their introduction:
    The author (Frank Morrison) began to write this book with the intention of disproving the Resurrection but found instead that the evidence supported the biblical story. This recognized classic is an examination of his research and the evidence he found.
    What he wrote is a support for faith, not a replacement of it in any way.

3. dwightp

dwightp New Member

I just joined this forum. I have only had one post. However, I have been a Christian for over 40 years and I have a seminary degree and a law degree.

I say that only for this reason: My personality is such that I did not always merely "accept things on faith" just because it was written in the Bible. Sorry, but the old saying, "If the Bible says it, that settles it" just didn't get it for me. As a teenager, I had TONS of questions about theology and the Bible. I wasn't trying to be a problem; I was honestly seeking answers. Finally, one of the deacons of the church pulled me aside one day and told me that I needed to quit questioning everything, but that I should just accept things if they were in the Bible.

Well, that bothered me even more. What was he afraid of? Was he afraid of the answers I might find? Was he afraid to even ask the questions?

Years later, I had a different pastor and began--once again--to ask some very hard questions. This pastor was different. He told me that God was big enough to handle any question I could ask. I might not always find the answer, but that didn't mean that I shouldn't ask.

Even though I have been a Christian for many, many years, I still continue to ask the hard questions. Often, I research an issue for weeks. Most of the time I find an explanation and answer that I need. As a result of this, my faith has only been strengthened. It has made me realize what an amazing book the Bible truly is. There are things in that book that are impossible to be there if it were written by just a bunch of men. It honestly has to be God inspired because there is no other rational explanation for its content, form, and structure.

Stay in the Word but keep asking questions. It doesn't mean that you "don't have enough faith." If you are inquisitive, ask the question, then dig for answers. God really can handle anything you throw at Him!

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live4him2;
    If you really do as your pin name suggest then you should know the answer. Never the less ask and you shall receive.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
    Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Mat 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Mat 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 26:63 But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
    Mat 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Everywhere in the Bible Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
    MB