1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

evidence

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TisMe, Jun 12, 2013.

1. TisMe

TisMe New Member

Everytime I try to witness to a certain group of friends, they always counter with a question I cannot convincingly answer. I need everyone's help. The question is as follows. How is God more real then a unicorn. God as far as we can prove ( as for any God) is a story. Just like Santa or a unicorn. Using reality based logic, is there proof God was not just a man made story as is a unicorn or Santa? We use the same God given logic, senses to dismiss all other stories of Gods but with our God we don't. Why? Thanks to anyone who can help direct me with reality based logic and proof, because these guys are hard to reel in. -TisMe

#1 TisMe, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

God has not tasked you to convince them so let them know that you can't. The God who saves is a PERSONAL God. If they truly want to know Him, tell them they must seek Him themselves.

You can only tell them of the truths of His word and how he is real to you. The experiences that will make Him real to them will be completely different.

You will NEVER convince them.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don’t be surprised if your friends don’t really want an answer to those questions. Don’t be surprised if they just enjoy watching you not being able to answer them. The Bible says that the fool has said in his heart that there is no God.

See, if there really IS a God, then people are going to have to submit to Him and obey Him. I don’t think a lot of non-believers who ask foolish questions like “How is God different from a unicorn” or “Can God create a rock bigger than He can lift” or “Why doesn’t God heal all the amputees?” WANT the truth. They would have to admit their own sinful nature and recognize God as Sovereign.

Some – being willing to be open-minded – will listen.

I would just tell them that the Bible says the because of creation, no human being will have any excuse before God as to their unbelief. And share with them what men and women of intellect (believers and non-believers) say about our universe. I find these quotes quite challenging and good for discussion with non-believers.

Read this and see if they help you first of all in solidifying answers. Read the articles on “God’s existence”. There's great contemplation and intellectual discussion from former atheists.

http://everystudent.com

#3 Scarlett O., Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

An old book and a more recent book might be helpful. On your search engine, look for Evidence That Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell.

Then look for a sequel called New Evidence That Demands a Verdict. Both are available from several sources, including Amazon. I haven't read the latest book, but found McDowell's first one very valuable.

Let me also refer you to to Romans 1 and 2, which suggests that all creation gives evidence of a Creator. Natural law points us to a Lawgiver.

The order of the universe enables astronomers to tell you the dates of every lunar eclipse for as far in the future as your mind can take you.

How did that happen? By accident?

Anyway, you are not without ammunition. It's out there.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just explain to them that God, knowing that we would have a really hard understanding Him, decided to became human, and as jesus showed us wht he is really like!